.

.
Simple Ramblings From A Prim Cottage


Monday, November 1, 2010

Weekend Finds and Little Goblins

Well it was a brisk weekend here.Supposed to be 50's most of the week then 40 and rain towards the end of the week.I was still wanting yardsales. I did go to one but I really think I need to just get it out of my thoughts.LoL.. Hubby took me to some antique malls but everyone must of had similiar ideas as my normal stands were picked through.I did find a few goodies.... Hooked Rug with acorn pattern.Love the browns and drab colors in this.I love hooked rugs but they are usually too expensive for my budget. I plan to hang this one I wanted a hanger board but it was $45 I'll wait till hubby can make me one.
Remember this weekend find from last week????

Well we found the original tin churn for it.How lucky was that!! I couldn't believe it when my husband found it I thought this would be one of those things that took forever to find and certainly not the next week.It still retains it's original label and lid...




I found this little school desk it's iron and oak and soooo heavy.It'll go in my corner in my bedroom.I have some old school books and a inkwell to sit on it.I had a little desk I sold about a month ago it was the bench style,It took up to much room,so finding this little one was perfect.It can adjust in height and you can tilt the desk top.
Love the natural wood and old red paint


Of course mung mung wanted to check it out..



And even a little opening drawer...

The little firken below I didn't get yet.I bought it from RWALSH on Etsy and burrowed her pics..


Well last night was trick or treat.My sister Melissa always takes the twins for mom and her son Jayson.They stop over afterwards and boy was little Brianna wound up,she was being a total brat to much sugar...Hannah Honeybunch was sweet as always and Jayson was tooo darn cute as a little vampire.Here is Hannah as a witch here she is a sweet witch but further down is her bad witch look with ugly mask...


See sweet as sugar.....

Jayson as a vampire..




This one turned out with red eyes.Like oh mamma you only think I'm sweet HaHaHa.. No really he is a sweetie.(smile)


Hannah in her evil witch mask.Eeek!


Brianna was a skeleton girl but she was such a brat.She would not pose for a picture.She acts like me when I was little.... Bratty.....She had a skeleton outfit on with a toile tutu.
Well today I sent a few swaps.Lorna if your reading yours is going wednesday and my doll swap for trish will be sent the end of the week.Excited to see what she comes up with.She does whimsy dolls and I'll be her first prim doll.Then I'm caught up.I'd like to do one or two more swaps before december so if you hear of any or want to do a private one let me know.I'm also working on getting a giveaway ready to post hopefully by the end of the week so check back for that.Harvest Blessings!~Amy

3 comments:

Deppen homestead 1862 said...

Cute kids! Great outfits!
nice finds!the rug is beautiful!
thanks for sharing
have a nice day!
Teresa

Cat Haven Craft House said...

The rug is fantastic and love all your great finds! Kids are adorable! Thanks for sharing.

denise said...

amy,if you are the one i'm looking for. thank you so much! i really love my little santa. he's adorable!!! denise