.

.
Simple Ramblings From A Prim Cottage


Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Tuesday Display Chain # 8 You Light up my life

As winter sets in night comes earlier.In the darkness we look for warmth and light.So here are my ways to Light up my life on a cold winters eve. Settler style would have been to sit by a warm fire sewing or chatting with family about the day,papa probly would have smoked a pipe....
I'd love to own any of these early pieces.I do have some of the courting candles and early tin candle molds in my collection..
Early Betty or Rush Lamp...

The warm glow of candles would be my choice of light.The scents of the season drifting threw the air and the low glow flicker gently lighting the night...



Nowadays we have the covience of a warm glow with batteries.Still prim perfect for our early homes....


Early lanterns came in all forms to light the railroads and barns for the final feeding of the livestock....


Early pewter lantern would have been used by the bedside or slant desk.....

Pottery Lamp would have been a general use lamp but most were tin or iron...
Old cupboard iron early light most likely would have hung in a window or on the hearth...

Punched tin or revere lantern leave beautiful flickering shadows on the wall.

Hope you enjoyed my display for week #8 Misi picked my theme for this week,so I've been extra excited for todays chain.Stop over and see who all joined in and enjoy your visits.I can't wait to see everyones displays.Warm Blessings!~Amy

11 comments:

Deppen homestead 1862 said...

Wow, so many prim/old lighting!
Beautiful displays, love them all!
Very well done! Just makes me feel all warm & cozy!
ejoy the day & pay me a visit!
Teresa

Carmen and the Primcats said...

Wonderful post! And I spy a David Harden Cat in there! Be still my heart! I have a whole collection of his work! Love him.

Carmen and the Primcats

Anonymous said...

Wonderful post Amy!

Great theme by the way...congrats to you!
I loved seeing all the old lighting pictures you posted and I love your little pewter lantern....

Wish I was sitting by the fire now!!
Warm and Cozy!
Hugs,
Lori

Robyn ♥ said...

Excellent theme you picked! Your pictures are gorgeous! Candles are my FAVORITE thing in the world! The scent, the glow and feeling...and the lamps they have out now really give that candle feel now! Love it!

Audrey said...

Enjoyed this theme!! You did a wonderful job on your post. I love all your displays.

Linda - Behind My Red Door said...

When I saw this theme, I had to join in! Thanks for suggesting and I love your post with the history thrown in - great idea!

I posted mine just now so hop on over when you get a chance!

Anonymous said...

Amy,

Terry just said mapquest and gps will get you there with Latimore Road. Let me know when you are going...email me and I'll see if I can go the same day! Would be nice to meet you!

hugs,
Lori

Prairie Blue... said...

great post....love your sharing all sorts of ideas for light.....aren't we just too blessed...look at all our choices...blessings~denise

renee said...

This is great! I love all the lights! I have an obsession with lights and candles too! I love the ambiance they give in a room. Hope you are having a good evening.
I will try again with the posting, but it wouldn't even open up before, I will try it again!

Primsue said...

Beautiful displays, Amy. And I love the theme - great idea.
Blessings,
Sue

Lorna/Live Oak Primitive Peddler said...

Everything looks just awesome!! I was gone Monday and left early yesterday so missed out on this one. I enjoyed seeing yours and will check out the others.
Blessings,
Lorna