.

.
Simple Ramblings From A Prim Cottage


Thursday, November 4, 2010

The Turkeys are out

Well I got all my halloween cleaned up and drug my Thanksgiving stuff down from the loft.I don't go all out for thanksgiving since it's so short and I'm anxious to get my christmas stuff out.But do love Thanksgiving and turkeys and the rements of fall.Yesterday I ran all day post office twice as I found a package under the seat that hubby missed on mondays shipment.Got my hair cut it was almost to my waist and I got it cut to a little below my shoulders.Love it! It has so much volume and I was tired of it always hanging.Then went and got me and hubby a couple new clothes.Then shopped at Walmart for food,then stopped at our local store for meats and odds and ends.Good part is I got eveything done so I can take the day for myself today.It's going to be cold,raw and rainy so a good day to stay inside and enjoy things.I'm going to relax and read my prim magazines that have been piling up,finish up my swap goodies and get them ready to mail tomorrow and work on getting a giveaway together.Ok so onto the turkey tour.LoL... My little chalkboard I change out for the seasons.Nut ring with pumpkin and prim turkey.

Black prim turkey I found him over the summer so he's new this year and pumpkin crunch cake candle I made.Been burning apple scents and counldn't wait to burn my pumpkin ones but I waited till nov 1st..



Small prairie pilgrim display..


Stuffed turkey (smile)


Antique turkey planter with fall pip berries....



My hand poured beeswax turkeys (on etsy if you want any)



Bowl fillers.....




Giant Cornicupia basket filled with pumpkins and gourds and some giant fake acorns...



The wood turkey says Gobblers Gather Here.He has a pilgrim hat must have fell off I'll have to find it later.





Turkey decoy by steps....



A few touches throughout...

I see I have a few new followers.Welcome and hope we become like old friends... Hope everyone has a fantastic day! Harvest Blessings!~Amy

5 comments:

At Home With Amy said...

You have just enough Thanksgiving touches Amy to make things look festive. I love this time of year. The colors are just so beautiful.
Sounds like you had a very busy and productive day yesterday. I need some of your energy.
Enjoy your relaxing day today.
Blessings, AMY

PrimWyoGirl said...

It all looks great Amy! I don't have any Thanksgiving decor. Going to have to work on that. I love your black turkey!
Hugs! Jayne

Deppen homestead 1862 said...

Gobble>>>Gobble!
Everything looks so cute! Love all the turkeys!
have a great day,
Teresa

Cat Haven Craft House said...

Lovely ... makes me remember I need to get my Thanksgiving decor up this weekend!

Primsue said...

Great displays - love all of your Thanksgiving decor.