.

.
Simple Ramblings From A Prim Cottage


Wednesday, November 17, 2010

The Turkeys are Protesting...But....

Oh ok ya'll did it...You blogged and chattered and showed lovely pics till I couldn't take it! I'm throwing in the towel and giving in.Yes I'm going to start pulling my christmas out and decorating this weekend.I wanted to wait till after Turkey day but I can't resist any longer.(smile) Here are a few Putz turkeys that stay out year round so they are o.k. with the idea.They have composition bodies and metal legs.click on pics to zoom in if you want.
Went to work with hubby and cleaned carpets on the house he's redoing yesterday.Sad part is they just flipped this house less than a year ago and the renters ruined so much.So he' putting back to were it was.Then he took me to the antique mall and out for supper at the Hot Dog Shop.(it's a thing in this area hotdogs with everything,chili fries and such)..At the antique mall there is a man we buy from often,he's cheap sometimes he has junk occasionlly he has good stuff.Well hubby was so mad because he had the large antique spinning wheel he's wanted with the really big wheel,he bought it in that morning at it was SOLD.The guy who bought it got it for $27 My husband was so dissapointed as he's been searching for about a year and they are usually over $200 He left his number and a message that he would give the guy who bought it $85 if he's a reseller.I found a piece that will work for my wallboard and only paid $8 for it.I'll show you once it's hung...
I recived a few goodies and my ornie swap that I participated in hosted by Ravenwood Whimsy.Of course I haven't found a place for evything yet but wanted to share...I purchased the angel from Pam at basketsnprims.blogspot.com I know were this is going on the wall board with the hooked rug and another item I have put up.

She has the alphabet on her chest and is so prim.

Her face has lite stitched accents..
The next little doll I spotted during display chain last week and couldn't resist.She was made by Catherine at The Primitive heart.So sweet and simple I'm sure I'll find the perfect spot for her.

Here is my ornie swap (we had to exchange one ornie) from Allison at sew many girls blog..

He's really sweet.His little gingerfriend smells good.Thanks Allison!
Well it's been cold windy and rainy so I'm getting a warm cup of tea and trying to get my thanksgiving grocery list together,then up to the loft to start going threw christmas stuff.Oh and I finally got my doll done for the doll swap.I'm not much of a sewer but she turned out nice.I'll share pics after trish recives her.Hope you all have a warm hearted day!~Amy

7 comments:

Lorna/Live Oak Primitive Peddler said...

Hi Amy, I am just itching to start decorating for Christmas too. I bought some new stuff yesterday to make some garlands and wreaths, can't wait to get started on those. I love your new prim dolls!! And your swap ornies are adorable!!
Have a great day!! Look forward to seeing your decorations!!
Hugs,
Lorna

Robyn ♥ said...

Love all your dolls! Pam does great work, I have MANY baskets from her!
Can't wait to see your Christmas decorating!!

Wendy @ Ravenwood Whimzies said...

Hi Amy! Thanks for sharing your pictures - I just love the ornie you received! Allison did a great job! Thank you again for joining the swap - I hope you have had fun with it.

Deppen homestead 1862 said...

The poor turkeys!So neglected aren't they,I also have some turkey stuff out & a few snowmen!But I can't wait to go full Christmas!

The dolls are adorable, so many cute things!
thanks for sharing,
Teresa

Carmen and the Primcats said...

Love your dolls! So prim!

And I'm full into christmas too!!! :) I can't wait another minute!!!

Carmen and the Primcats

Primsue said...

Can't wait to see pics of your house decorated for Christmas. I love your dolls.

Blessings,
Sue

renee said...

Amy, I love all your new dollies! They are just beautiful! Sorry we are all making more work for you! LOL! It is hard to resist though isn't it? Hope you are having a good evening!
Renee