.

.
Simple Ramblings From A Prim Cottage


Friday, November 12, 2010

My new Crock, Old Cupboard and a little Eye Candy

Today's gonna be a little busy but thought I'd drop in and say hi! I want to get outside and get some pics for etsy while it's nice today supposed to reach 60 but then sunday cold comes back in.Plus I need to go to the store and run some other errands.Finish my last current swap.I did sign up for another at Prim Pals Forum.I've been a little down lately about swaps because I signed up for 5 and sent all mine and only recived 1 in return. 2 of them have time yet but the other 2 just blew me off it's been awhile.I put alot of effort into it and feel you shouldn't ask or sign up unless you can commit.Yes occasionly life happens but not as often as that and especially when you can still find time to blog and do other things.Anyhow sorry to vent I still love swaps and am always open if someone wants to do a private one or hears of any prim ones going on.The girls came yesterday.Brianna was extra bad ,mom's been taking her to a counsler to help her with all her bottled up emotions.Hannah was fine but did say she doesn't understand why Brianna is my favorite person since she is such a brat.I told her I love her even if she's bad.Hannah is Tom's (hubby) favorite person by the way.We love them both the same but the girls always say they are differnt people and you can't have 2 favorite people so that's how it worked out.That way Hannah who is better behaved is with uncle tom on outings and I run after brianna.I decided we would go on a nature walk and do a fall scavenger hunt.Brianna got in the water after me telling her no so we had to come home early.Well the other day at the antique mall I found the above crock.Can't tell if it's a 2 or 3 gallon,hubby told me to fill it up with water to see but I don't care enough to go through the bother.It is what it is.LoL It's grey salt glazed with cobalt blue #.It has no cracks or chips but has wonderful age imperfections like slightly uneven spots in the middle and little air bubbles in the pottery....

Here is were it found it's home...

Below are some pics of my store counter display cupboard ontop of a antique blanket cupboard...

A few of my Yelloware bowls,old dough bowl and old trencher (I adore trenchers)


Little butter print/stamp and black doll I wish I could remember the artist would love to buy more from her....

The store display cupboard...
Holds old putz sheep,more yelloware,old composition german jack o lantern,wool paddles,High button shoes and a few other goodies..The top of the cupboard I change for each holiday,right now it has Thanksgiving/settler display but soon my folkart santas,bottle brush trees and christmas will be coming out...

Close up so you can peek inside....Click the pics to zoom in if you want....


Other cupboard door with old childs or lap quilt...
Old very rare blue decorated jug see the handles on the side,it slid into a stand to pour I never saw the stand other than in a antique price guide.



Old childs horse with real horse hair tail.He is big the riding kind with wheeled platform.He also has a huge rocker that goes on him but I didn't have room to display him with the rocker so it's upstairs being stored...
Big yelloware old jug in the corner...

Hope you enjoyed your little tour....Harvest Blessings!~Amy

8 comments:

basketsnprims said...

Hi, Amy ~ thanks for a wonderful tour. I love, love, love your crocks, jugs, and yelloware. Do you ever put them on etsy? Those are a couple of things I collect. did you get your angel yet? I hope you like her, she is one of my favorites & I'll be making another for me. Have a great weekend.
Pam

Karen~The Barely There Primitive Bear said...

I love all your displays! Those little
shoes are just the cutest! I collect
crocks, also....I got one awhile back
for $15, ya can't beat that price for
a 6 gallon. Have a great weekend!

Bear Hugs~Karen

Deppen homestead 1862 said...

Amy,
Beautiful displays, I simply love the crocks!
enjoy the day!
Teresa

Cat Haven Craft House said...

Delightful displays! I love it all! That unique crock is very special.

Lorna/Live Oak Primitive Peddler said...

Hi Amy, love everything in every picture!! The old store display is awesome!!
I got my swap goodies today!!! Thank you soooo much, I love everything!! I'll post pics on my blog later today, I am in the middle of a painting project but wanted to let you know I got mine.
I'm so sorry some of your swaps turned out badly, that is a real bummer. I'm glad you didn't let it stop you from swapping though. I hope it never happens again.
Hugs,
Lorna

The Primitive Bucket said...

HI Amy, I can't find your email... You entered my giveaway and since I had such a good turn out I had the kids draw three names and you were the third one out!!! The first name is getting the snowman and you and the second gal out will be getting some holiday goodies from my stash!! I need you address so I can get them out to you this week!!! Thanks again for entering, it was fun to meet lots of new friends. My email is joleen_locke@yahoo.com!!! Thanks again!!

renee said...

Amy, everything LOOKS wonderful! You have some beautiful pieces! What a disappointment not to have received some of your swaps. Maybe we can do a swap sometime! I am in the middle of making some prim ornies for a swap, I have to make 14! Plus my Secret Santa swap! I have started creating! Then there's all the other things in between! LOL!
I hope you will have a good week!
Renee

WoolenSails said...

I love all your collections and antiques, beautiful displays and pieces.

Debbie