.

.
Simple Ramblings From A Prim Cottage


Monday, November 15, 2010

Playing in the leaves and Weekend Finds

Grab your favorite warm cuppa and sit for a spell.Speaking of warmth I've been drinking Celestial Seasonings Cinnamon Apple Spice with Coffee Mates Caramel Apple Creamer talk about Yummy! Also wanted to welcome my new followers(blog friends) Take some time to peek through older post to get to know me.... As most of you know I normally go to grandmas farm on sunday for dinner and to visit with family.My cousin angie and her girls were there this week which was a treat since I barely see her anymore.It was warm fall weather in the 60's over the weekend.Supposed to be cold again this week and rainy so we all enjoyed the outside.The kids decided they would help grandma rake leaves but of course all the piles got jumped in and recluttered the yard.Oh well what's more fun for kids than a leaf pile in the fall.Above is my sweet nephew Jayson helping like a big boy....Hannah,Brianna and jayson having a leaf battle.Poor Brianna has a bruised check because a boy at school hit her.Below are the girls and Angies daughter Megan. There were other kids too but they were busy doing wheelbarrel rides...
We all had so much fun and I always like time to enjoy family..And since the weather was unseasonably warm I talked hubby into taking me to fleamarket (they do have it all year unless snow is on the ground) but I normally do auctions and antique malls when the cold hits.So here are a few of the goodies we found. Below is old spinning wheel,it's small I assume childs size maybe.Hubby has wanted one with a big wheel but they have been pricey we'll keep searching but this smaller one will fit in nicely since I'm running out of space again.This isn't were it's going need to find a good place for it.Plus want to do research on how to actually use it.....
The rest of the items are going in my etsy shop as I find time to list...I bought a lot of pewter but the plate below was the most impressive to me because it's old and well hallmarked.It's rough but early like end of 1700's era early 1800's era.I like pewter but don't collect it I prefer pottery and redware...

Neat old minnow basket.It has a net that pulls out and catches small fish.You lay it on it's side and the fish would swim into it.
Old opera glasses....
Adorable Pink enamelware childs potty with Briar Rabbit and Wolf...
Darling antique victorian childrens book

Inside are color illustrations look even St Nick!

Ok the next thing is one of my weird fasicination.I of course love history but am also interested in orphanages and mental hospitol history.This book is from the early 1900's and it's from a Pennyslvania orphanage which is were I'm from.It also has pictures of the buildings,staff and childrens daily life.Like girls going out to the fields with baskets to pick beans,boys digging rock,what the rooms looked like with the old iron beds lining the dorms.Interesting, haven't decided if I'll keep or sell this one...
I also found other things but they are more kitsch retro for etsy.It's been such a great weekend.I won a giveaway and got my ornie swap and some prim goodies I'll share later this week.I'm loving the Thankful theme on the blogs and want to share my thoughts soon as well.Also got some prim goodies to share.Hopefully wednesday I'll get everything on.Since tomorrow is display chain day.I'm extra excited because Misi picked my theme this week so can't wait to do my post and see everyones.Hope everyone had a great weekend! I'm always here if you want to chat and love your comments.Don't forget the contest ends this weekend.If I hit 100 I'll add a little something extra and draw 2 names.Harvest Blessings!~Amy

5 comments:

Deppen homestead 1862 said...

Amy,
Looks like you had a wonderful weekend!
The kids are so cute!
Great finds for your shop!
I am excited about the Tuesday Display theme, I love your idea! You had so many wonderful ideas! Wow your a thinker, when you can't sleep!
have a great day,
Teresa

Carmen and the Primcats said...

Wow! You got a ton of goodies! Love that Pewter plate and the spinning wheel!

Carmen and the Primcats

Primsue said...

Sounds like a wonderful weekend, Amy. Kids just love playing in leaves - it's such a fun part of Fall. Looks like you got some great goodies - love the spinning wheel.

Have a great week.
Blessings,
Sue

dee begg said...

Cool finds! I love going to the flea market...haven't been in ages as I have so much stuff to paint already!
The kiddos look like they had a great time playing in the leaves...I remember when my would play in the piles...oh boy do they grow up fast!

D

renee said...

Oh I LOVE the little spinning wheel! That is way too neat! You found some interesting things! The kids had fun rolling in the leaves too. Everyone wants to jump in them, but no one wants to rake them!