.

.
Simple Ramblings From A Prim Cottage


Saturday, November 27, 2010

Christmas decorating #2

Oh my I took alot of pics! So I think the christmas decorating pics will have to go in to four blog entries.The final one will be the outside decorating which I'll be doing sunday.There are alot of pics so go grab a cuppa something warm and enjoy..... My sister in law Jean made the tall snowman,we traded for a antique ironing board.It was so funny I was carrying it down from upstairs and forgot the log chunk on the bottom comes off and it flew down the stairs like a boulder and rolled into the middle of the kitchen floor.Hubby and the dogs came running it sounded like the house was collasping.LoL... Lucky it didn't break anything in it's path..
The frame was a artist prototype/sample not sure if it ever went into production and of course my adorable neices....
On top the TV Belsnickle Santa with feather tree....

The wonderful santa lorna made me for our swap....

Bowl fillers...The stars were part of my prize from Joleen http://theprimitivebucket.blogspot.com/ She also sent along some snowmen heads.


Of course Gus sugarbaby had to get in on the pics..Not sure were the dogs were hmmm..too quite.
And this is not prim but not to be forgotten..Mine doesn't have a permanent place as I let the children play with it so they can get the true meaning of christmas...
I have a ton more pics I'll try to get them on later or tomorrow.Hope you all enjoy your weekend.I loved taking some time yesterday by myself and just looking at the tree and relaxing.I didn't do the Black friday thing,I don't like crowds and don't think anything is worth fighting for.We did go to a antique mall but they were even a little crowded.We ran into my husbands Aunt and cousin and had a nice chat though. I didn't find anything except a magazine,but I know hubby picked up a gift or two for me while we were there.I'm about done my shopping I need to get my hubby a pair of suede moccasion slippers yet,Mom and step dad a gift certificate and am including a sleep over with the girls in with it so they can enjoy themselves,grandma some handmade soap and some new towels and my niece brianna wants me to buy her a real turtle so I'm waiting till close to christmas for that so I don't have to take care of it.She originally wanted a guinea pig but mom said if I buy her one it would not be a nice christmas for me.LoL..We had them when we were kids and they are noisy,at least a turtle don't need much.Hope everyone takes a little time to themselves this weekend and reflects on their blessings.Warm Blessings!~Amy

9 comments:

renee said...

Amy,
LOL! That sounds like something I'd do! LOL! I am not always graceful! Cute snowman! Love all your Santas! I am officially enjoying my hot cup of coffee this morning and the start of my weekend! I survived Black Friday at work, so I am thankful to have the break! LOL! I plan to putz here with some decorating, AFTER I finish my other pressing projects.
Have a nice weekend.
God bless,
Renee

Lorna/Live Oak Primitive Peddler said...

Hi Amy, I love all your decorations. I like the idea of letting the children play with the nativity, the true meaning can get lost in the shuffle can't it? Can't wait to see more pics. I'll post when I get mine done, which at the rate I'm going might be days.8-)
Blessings,
Lorna

Jennifer said...

I love everything...love those black santas..

A Primitive Homestead said...

Children learn as they play & what a wonderful idea to let them play with the nativity. My son has a turtle. From time to time he gets into my blog. We think he is great. What a nice gift idea. Your home is looking pretty festive. Blessings!

Dianie said...

Hi Amy, Great to meet you! Thanks for entering my giveaway and posting it to your blog!
I know we just met, but I wanna live at your house! lol.... What a lovely blog and home you have.. it is so warm and inviting!

Good luck to you!
~Diane

Primsue said...

Hi Amy, you have been busy - everything looks wonderful. Can't wait to see the rest of your pics. Love that you let your children play with the Nativity - we have one that our grandchildren play with and the younger ones also play with the large set we have in the yard - they love moving the animals around as we talk about the Christmas story.

Christmas Blessings,
Sue

Linda ★ Parker's General said...

That is an awesome snowman!
And I love black Santas.
I wanted to let you know I received the wax snowmen. They do look great in my big wood bowl of potpourri. I can't wait to try this dip. I think it will make a great topping on a baked potato. Thank you so much for including me in your giveaway.
★Linda★

PrimWyoGirl said...

Great pics! Love your black santa from the swap! Your gus looks just like my spook! :)
Jayne

Deppen homestead 1862 said...

Amy,
All is looking great!
Gus of course is my fav!
enjoy decorating!
Teresa