.

.
Simple Ramblings From A Prim Cottage


Sunday, April 22, 2012

Weekend

Hope everyone had a great weekend..I am finally feeling better with the exception of coughing at night...Went yard saling  friday and saturday.Went to one that was unadvertised that I stumbled upon.The lady just sold her log cabin and moved into a development were hubbies friend has a house.Well she had the most wonderful stuff but it was a little pricey.She had old buckets,firkins,crocks,stompers,butter paddles,tobacco baskets really just wonderful stuff  but she didn't want to budge on the prices.I had most of the stuff already for me and her prices were not able to be resell.I did buy some mashers, 2 crocks, a blue band jug, powder horn and a large grater which I seem to be collecting now.All but the grater are for market.Saturday was our local historical society fleamarket and eagles yard sale.Hubby found a few things there.I'm trying to talk him out of a frog jigger to keep.My two keeper finds are the pottery sheep on the bottom shelf and the printed antique Pansy box....I have a thing for old printed boxes too.
A closer view..You can click to take a better look but don't look at the dust bunnies...smile...
Well the weather was beautiful 70's but then the cold came back and rain,temps down to 39 degrees so we decided to not do market this week.Just enjoyed a lazy day.Hubby has wanted to do all the spring stuff like planting the garden out at grandma's farmhouse.I keep saying to early.Well now he finally believes me.He only got the onions in which will be fine.Supposed to be cold and damp till thursday..Hubby made chili and cornbread so off to enjoy some...Warm Blessings!~Amy

16 comments:

acorn hollow said...

Glad you are on the mend. we are damp and drizzly here but we need it so much.yum on the chili
Cathy

prims by olde lady morgan said...

So glad you are feeling a bit better!!! To bad on the prices... I know at least up here by me... people know what they have these days, thanks to american pickers and things have gotten very spendy!
COld here too! We had a great summer in March! LOL!!! OLM

Primitive Stars said...

Hello Amy, so glad to hear your feeling better. Love the wooden box,I also have a thing for them, and I collect graters,so many old wonderful styles. To bad the lady wouldn`t budge on the prices, sounds like a few great prim goodies to be had. Take care,Blessings Francine.

Becki said...

Hi Amy - That yard sale sounded so good! I went to one here, they were moving, and she was set on her prices too. I did buy a crock or two and a large galvanized tub to use as a planter. I bet she still ended up with most of her items by the end of the day!

Have a good week!

Blessings,
Becki

Unknown said...

Glad you are feeling better and hope you can get rid of that cough soon. Looks like you still had some luck yard saling even considering her prices. I really like that pansy box!

Angie Berry ~ Berry Homespun Primitives said...

Glad you are starting to feel better! Sounds like she knew what she had. I like the yard sales that people don't know or just want to get rid of it, lol. I have a collection of graters also. Didn't mean to... it just kinda happened. I also love old wooden boxes, especially the ones that are printed. Your pansy box is a beauty!

Our weather has been the same around here also. Chili and cornbread sound delicious... especially when someone else is cooking it, hehe. Enjoy~

Cherry's Prairie Primitives said...

Chili and cornbread sound perfect on a cold day!! So glad your feeling better and was able to get in a lttle shopping. To bad she didn't want to come down on her prices.

A Primitive Homestead said...

All those old treasures at the yardsale are wonderful. I am always looking for a good price to. At an auction I bid on an old oak library table but went home with out it Saturday. I keep thinking about how nice it would lHave lookEd in the livingroom. I have not set out any seedlings thankfully. I planted apple trees that are now covered. Calling for snow & ice here. Blessings!
Lara

Sheila said...

Sounds like a wonderful day Amy, and wonderful finds too! Glad you are feeling better. Hope the cold weather doesn't hang around.
We finally enjoyed a beautifully warm day at 89!!!! Took my MIL on a long drive, enjoyed the sun and no wind.

Have a great week!
hugz,
Sheila

cynthia lee designs said...

Hi Amy,
Glad to hear that you are feeling better.

Sounds like you were able to still get some goodies even though the prices were high at the yardsale.

It has gotten really cold here too. Have a great week.
hugs,
Cindy

TheCrankyCrow said...

Glad to hear you're on the mend....oh, chili sounds so good. We've been sunny - but chilly.....still hard freezes at night. Love your new flock addition and your pansy box....fun finds....Wishing you a wonderful new week ahead! Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin

Trace4J said...

Sounds like a good weekend to me.
So glad you are feeling better.
Good day for some cornbread and chili.
Hugs Trace

www.grannytracescrapsandsquares.com

CRAFTY STITCHERS said...

You always seem to find the best sales! Glad you are feeling better, I am sure that chili and cornbread hit the spot, we were wet over the weekend and cooler today. Cyndy

Wendy @ Ravenwood Whimzies said...

Glad you are feeling better Amy - too bad you couldn't have snagged some more goodies at that sale, but sounds like you had fun anyway.
Have a great week.

Lynn said...

really awesome finds! Cornbread and chili sounds soo good!
Hugs,
Lynn

Robin at The Primitive Hutch said...

Glad to hear you are starting to feel better Amy!
Sorry to hear that lady wouldn't budge on the prices, but sounds like you had a good time and did find some things!
Stay Warm!
Prim Blessings
Robin