.

.
Simple Ramblings From A Prim Cottage


Friday, January 27, 2012

Gifts of Friendship

 I am so blessed with friendships.I never would have thought that I would find my kindred spirits but through blogging so many have become so close.Two years ago I lost my best friend.She was more like my sister her mom died when she was 15 so she spent every holiday with me and we talked or visited daily for over 20 years.When her son was born I was his only Auntie.We shared everything.The night she died we got the call at 2 am and I traveled in a ice storm to try to get to her almost wrecking due to the bad roads.I still think I see her driving to come see me when I look out the kitchen window.We always said we would be grannies sitting in rockers  bickering together..I miss her so much..She was my kindred spirit and I honestly never thought I'd find anyone like her but I see so much of her in so many of you.Yes I have family and friends close but they just don't get me like many of you....I am blessed by so many of you and am so Thankful I started this journey...I truely hope that I bless you all the way you bless my life.....I want to share some sweet gifts I received from some special friends...First are the the beautiful hooked hearts from Teri http://www.whitesheepfarm.com/  I was her special Valentine. If I had to describe Teri I'd say she is one of the most honest people.She is also passionate,loyal and giving....
 The next little surprise was from my very sweet friend Lil Raggedy Angie.I just love her! If she was closer I'd surely be dragging her on adventures all the time. Her little princess is just the cutest ever..She knew I was drooling over these sweet sheep she creates.So she sent me one just because she loves me..I litterly did a happy dance when I opened it.I love it!    I have a little surprise in mind for her as well..She is always there when I need to vent or need someone to just listen and understand.She is a wonderful secret keeper..smile.....The next pics are a recent swap I did with Renee Recollecting the past...
Renee and I always say we are long lost sisters.So much the same about us but I'm definatly better at hiding my clutter than she is.LoL..Renee I love all the sweet gifts.Thank all of you girls for brightening my day! I am so blessed in so many ways.I am a strong believer that what you put into the world is what comes back to you.......Today I'm going to be  playing   creating so busy day ahead.I have some gifts to get done, a order,and want to work on a giveaway...Just want to remind you if you want to be in the spring swap I need your info by tomorrow (saturday) click on the link on the sidebar for rules and sign up info.I'm still waiting on a few of your emails.If I received your info you would have got a confirmation from me.Happy Friday!~Amy

14 comments:

Marti said...

Your friend will always be in your heart. And it looks like you received a lot of wonderful hearts. Have a blessed day.

Sherri Farley said...

Very sweet story. There is nothing better than a true friend.

Cabin Fever Primitives said...

"A friend is someone who
reaches for your hand
and touches your heart"
What a blessing it is when this happens.
Hugs, Connie

frontporchprims said...

I read all the time that blogging friends are the best and it's true. I am so happy you have found a friend in many wonderful people. It truly can fill a void in our hearts. -Steph-

Linda ★ Parker's General said...

I'm sorry you lost your friend. Know that she watches over you and that you can almost hear what she would be saying in certain instances. Her memory lives on in you and while none else can fill the void, there are many here that are ready and willing to try to make the emptiness less noticeable.
I have discovered that my blog friends not only measure up but far exceed my expectations. This is definitely a positive in this life that I am not willing to give up.
Thanks for sharing, Amy. I am glad that we are friends.

cynthia lee designs said...

I'm sorry to hear that you lost your best friend. I'm sure that she is watching over you everyone.
Blogging friends are the best...they touch our life and heart in so many wonderful ways.
Love the goodies that you received. I have one of Angie's sheep and I just love it.
Have a great weekend.
hugs,
Cindy

cynthia lee designs said...

Sorry that should of said...I'm sure she is watching over you every day.

Stacy Kay Brais said...

Sorry to hear about your friend, I lost my one of my best friends two years ago next week. I miss her everday! We crafted and shopped together, it helps me to remember she is with me as your friend is with you and watching over you.:)
Hugs~Stacy

prims by olde lady morgan said...

Amy,

It is so hard to lose such a close friend.....sigh... they time heals...but the hole is always there.
Love all your goodies blogging are the best! OLM

cucki said...

very sweet story..friends are super special :)
beautiful pictures..
have a lovely weekend xx

Earlene said...

Your best friend story is touching...I can't stop crying. I don't know why but it hit me hard.
oxox

Anonymous said...

So sorry for the loss of your dear sister friend. Kindred spirits are hard to come by. So glad you are blessed by others however. May you continue to find blessings in each day and in new people along the way. Your blog is very pretty, comfy and warm. A nice place to land for awhile!

Lil Raggedy Angie said...

o Amy I love you too ! Im so sorry about your friend o how my heart aches for you after reading this ...but Im with all the other ladies shes always with you . And you know Im always here if u need me ! Love all your new goodies so beautiful try not to be so hard on renee and her clutter she cant help shes an unorganized hoarder but we love herlol ! hugs lil raggedy

TheCrankyCrow said...

Sweet post Amy....Sad to have lost such a close friend, but I'd like to think the best pieces and parts of her live on in the new kindred spirits you've come to know. Love your hooked hearts from Teri - and Angie's sheep are too stinkin' cute. Think I'm developing an addiction....Too funny about Renee - I told her that we all have the same "issues" - some of us just aren't as "honest" about what we confess to or show in photos!! ;o) Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin