.

.
Simple Ramblings From A Prim Cottage


Friday, March 11, 2011

Gable House Scavenger Hunt

http://1890gablehousemusings.blogspot.com/2011/03/hunt-day-begins-specifics.html The day has arrived to begin the hunt hosted by Misi.I've been excited to start and hoping I can make it to the end.Some of the girls said they'll go buy stuff to make sure they can go on,I'm not going to do that I'm hoping to be able to scavage my finds around the house..Here is our list for this week
#1-Old Jar of Garden seeds- Must be an OLD jar & must contain SEEDS
#2 Faceless Rag/Cloth Doll- Must be cloth without a face
#3 Homespun Pillow Case – Must be adult bed size or larger
#4 Pastry Roller- Must have detail to print into dough
#5 Doll Bed- Must be a Bed for DOLLS (not for Furry babies)
#6 A piece of old Ironstone Pottery/Dishware- Must be IRONSTONE
Our goal is no less than 4 of the 6 to continue but me being the person I am want to have the entire 6 each week..We'll see..LoL...

Here are my finds......
Old Jar with Turnip seeds..Dough roller/cutter which cuts design(red handle),Pie dough crimper and the thing that looks like a big honey dipper is a Circa 1875 cookie roller fret..The white bowl is my ironstone piece.Picture below shows the bowl better..
Homespuns pillow case mine is quilted but still homespuns....
A perfect little bed for a petite babe to rest....
Faceless Rag dolls..Mine are church dolls binded together the little bundle is a old hanky holding pennies for the offering plate...

So this week I got all six items..Love that Misi thought out neat items and not just spring and easter themes..Now head over to Misi's Link at top and on sidebar to see the other hunters displays.Warm Blessings!~Amy

19 comments:

Primitive Echoes said...

Very nice finds.

Traci~Moon Gypsy said...

Everythings lookin good Amy....can't wait to see what you find next week...Blessings, Traci

Debbie said...

Your doing great on the scavenger hunt! What a fun idea!

*hugs*
Debbie

Jean Barker said...

Yay Amy! Love the little church dolls. Great job, hope the next list is simple too.
Prim blessings,
Jean

1890* said...

Wonderful Job Amy! You have 5 of the 6 items.
Thank you for joining in* You can continue on to next week...The lists will be getting harder.
Let's have fun hunting :0)
{{HUGS}}

Audrey said...

Love your"finds"...this is so much fun!

~Madalynne~ said...

Great pics Amy! Love the dolls!

1890* said...

Sweet Amy did not give up!...She continued to hunt and found her 6th item. She sent me a pic of her retro doll bed..Great Job Amy!...
I knew that with her Etsy store carrying all types of antiques... not just prim.. She could master this!..
Thank you Amy for making this FUN!

Anonymous said...

Great Baby Bed idea....Love the faceless Dolls!

Deppen homestead 1862 said...

Amy
Love the your pastry roller & the faceless dolls!
Great job girl!
smiles
Teresa

Beckyjean said...

Amy~

Love the faceless dolls.

Enjoy your day~Becky

prims by olde lady morgan said...

Amy, Love the dolls!!! Great job all 6!!!!
I'm with you, not going to go out and get stuff.. If I have it great, it will be some much fun on the hunt!!! OLM

Robyn ♥ said...

Good for you!! Your dolls are wonderful!

purensimple-Theresa said...

Loved all your finds for the hunt....I'm still hunting!

Kattywhompus Primitives said...

Everything is just wonderful Amy! I love to see everyone digging and searching...bringing old goodies out into the light of day to share. :)
You church dolls are so neat...love their "offering"...and the little doll in her bed of lace is so dainty and sweet. Thanks for sharing Amy!
Rhonda

Linda ★ Parker's General said...

I love the church dolls!
See you next week!
★Linda★

Carmen and the Primcats said...

I wish I felt like I could have committed to this fun hunt! Your treasures are great!

Carmen and the Primcats

Farmhouse prims said...

Amy, what a wonderful collection!!! Congratulations on your finds. You are really doing great!! I love everything you have displayed, esp. the faceless dolls, did you make them? Hugs, Lecia

Katherine said...

Congratulations! Love your display, the little dolls are precious.
~Katherine