.

.
Simple Ramblings From A Prim Cottage


Friday, December 11, 2015

12 Days of Christmas Blog Hop ~ My Post

 Wendy is our gracious host of the 12 Days of Christmas Blog Hop. She organized a wonderful bunch of girls to share tutorials and recipes. You can get on the image on my sidebar to take you to her blog.Be sure to visit each day for some great ideas to put you in the spirit. My Tutorial is solid beeswax lotion bars. These are wonderful for dry winter hands,elbows and feet.

  •  Beeswax lotion bars
  • By weight 2 oz each
  •  1 part beeswax can be any type I prefer natural block
  • 1 part coconut or olive oil ( I use coconut but olive is easy to find at the grocery store)
  • 1 part cocoa butter or you can use shea butter as well but it makes them slightly sticky
I like to add a few drops of vanilla,orange or peppermint oil to mine( about 10 drops) but if you prefer all natural they have a lite honey scent.

  • Put in a double boiler and melt ingredients together till thy are a smooth liquid
  • Pour into molds.I have molds from other projects but mini muffin tins or candy molds work well
  • Allow to set 24 hours if they do not pop right out you can put them in the freezer about a half hour to release.

 So over the holidays we all over indulge plus some people at our gatherings have health restrictions so my recipe is Guilt Free Peanut Butter Cookies. They are super easy.Low Carb 6 grams per cookie and just 80 calories. Plus they taste amazing.No one will know they are Better for you.
                                                              Peanut Butter Cookies

  • Preheat oven 350
  • Mix with spoon in a medium bowl ~
  • 1 cup peanut butter, 3/4 cup splenda, 1/4 cup packed brown sugar, 1/2 teas baking soda and 1 teas vanilla extract 
  • Add 1 large egg (must be large for recipe to work) stir till dough is formed
  • Roll into 1 inch balls and place on ungreased cookie sheet
  • use a fork to flatten and form a criss cross pattern
  • Bake 10 min or untill golden brown on bottom but still slightly soft in the middle
  • Remove from oven let cool 5 mins on cookie sheet
Enjoy! Hope you all are enjoying the season.Warm Blessings!~Amy

14 comments:

Farmhouse prims said...

Good morning Amy, thank you for sharing the wonderful tutorial and recipe. I especially appreciate the recipe since my daughter is diabetic. Sometimes at gatherings people do forget about those who have restricted diets. Wishing you and your family a beautiful Christmas, I have enjoyed each and every day of the blog hop so much. Hugs, Lecia

The Bear's Blog said...

Hi Amy, we are Prudence and her "Mom, and it's so nice to meet you. The Lotion Bars sound wonderful and interesting to make, I think I will try making some, thank you for the detailed, wonderful tutorial.

Peanut butter - now who doesn't love peanut butter - the cookie recipe is a must - will be making a batch today.

Merry Christmas.

Wendy @ Ravenwood Whimzies said...

I love your tutorial Amy! The lotion bars would make a lovely gift...I just may have to make some for my sister, who lives in Vermont...and of course..keep some for myself too!
I'm curious to try your cookie recipe. I love peanut butter cookies. I suppose if I added a mini peanut butter cup to the center that wouldn't be so healthy anymore. LOL. Thanks for helping with the blog hop! Merry Christmas!

Theresa said...

I will be making these for sure Amy. Thank you so much for tutorial!!! The peanut butter cookies look great too. :0)

Danice G said...

The beeswax lotion bars sound great. And, the cookies yummy. Thank you for these Amy :)

Primitive Stars said...

Hi Amy, oh I love a peanut better cookie, will try these for sure.Thanks Francine

Unknown said...

I've been wanting to try my hand at soaps and tarts, etc. Your Tutorial makes it look easy enough! I don't care for anything Peanut Butter EXCEPT Peanut Butter Cookies! Go figure! Thanks for sharing! Looking forward to our Swap!

Cindi said...

Thanks for the tutorial and the recipe Amy. I love how this 12 days of Christmas went. Thanks for joining in.
Be blessed,
Cindi

Laura S Reading said...

I consider peanutbutter cookies ALWAYS to be guilt free.

Beeswax is one of my favorite things in the whole world.
Thank you for sharing.

Jackie said...

Thank you for the delish recipe and tutorial! Merry Christmas!!

Deb said...

Thanks so much for the great tutorial Amy, I've never made anything like this before so am looking forward to giving it a try! And thanks for the guilt free recipe, a welcome respite at this time of year! Wishing you and yours a joyous holiday season, Deb xo

Denise * KKL Primitives said...

Making soap will be a FIRST for me! :) Thanks so much for sharing your tutorial and delicious peanutbutter cookie recipe! I do love my peanutbutter!

Merry Christmas!

Barefoot Primitives said...

Ooh all that sounds wonderful Amy! Have a most blessed Christmas sweetie!
Blessings
Debbie

Lil Raggedy Angie said...

Thanks for the tut hope you had a very Merry Christmas ! Hoping to visit with you bunches in the new year ~hugs lil raggedy