.

.
Simple Ramblings From A Prim Cottage


Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Tuesday Display Chain Re Do


Todays theme for display chain is Re Do.As most of you know I've been redoing the house and only keeping the things I love. I've been trying to simplify for a looooong time now,but I get attached so easily (that goes for things,animals and people LoL)...Well as some of you remember a few months ago I bought the antique red one door cupboard at auction and hubby redid it for me.So you get a glimsp of the living room remodel (more later) and the cupboard re do...

The cupboard before....

Lots of peeks inside.Click on pics to enlarge if you want...I've had the crow penny rug a few years but never had a place to display it.Finally the right place...
See no fluff.Just simple things I love...The antique horse has a large rocker as well but still no room for it so it's in the loft....Looking for a little firkin to complete the stack..Love the blue bonnet my sweet friend Lecia made...
See the pretty tan color on the walls.Lowes fixed it.Remember the lady mixed it in the wrong base and sent me home with that was pink/greyish.Thanks Frank for making it right....


Hope you all enjoyed the pics of the cupboard re do and a peek of the remodel.Now hop over to Misi's http://1890gablehousemusings.blogspot.com/ and join in or just visit everyones displays for the week.Oh and fleamarket was chilly and windy but we did ok.Going this week again but I think the weather is going to be so much nicer over 60 and sunny.I of course didn't stay put but didn't find much did find a putz and old clothes dryer the kind that hangs on the wall and folds up sort of like the blanket cranes.Will have to show you I guess hard to describe...Can't wait till summer so I can find more prims normally about 500 vendors in the late spring and summer...Warm Blessings!~Amy

20 comments:

Beckyjean said...

Amy~

Great cabinet re do!! I'm also trying to simplify, but it doesn't seem to be working cuz I keep hauling stuff home. Oh well~I have an addiction.

Enjoy your day~Becky

Theresa said...

Wow, you have such great items. I don't think you should declutter too much, your home looks perfect and cozy.

~Madalynne~ said...

It's amazing how you can turn that old red cupboard into the perfect backdrop for all your goodies! I love that horse . . . such a special piece!

JenW!~ said...

Great re-do. I love the little pitchfork I see peekin out behind the lovely bonnet.

Linda ★ Parker's General said...

Amy, it is an awesome piece; well-done!
Glad the flea market went well.
I am purging, too, but it is hard to let go of things that you've had a long time or that were so hard to find! I just keep moving things to another building. Once they are in the garage, they are 1 step from gone! Or re-done! LOL
Yours is a beautiful display!
★Linda★

Hillcresthome Prims said...

Amy, Great eye candy!

Robyn ♥ said...

Beautiful cabinet!! You have some very nice goodies, lovely! TFS!

Angela said...

Love your cupboard. You have such neat prim items. Would be hard for me to part with them also. Have a great day.

Deppen homestead 1862 said...

Amy
Beautiful re-do~
Love the cupboard & the displays so prim perfect!!
The paint turned out wonderful~ pretty~ so pretty!
smiles
Teresa

Lil Raggedy Angie said...

Great Redo thanks for sharing! Enjoy your day and the chain! Hugs
lil raggedy angie

Margie said...

Love the cabinet redo...everything looks great !

-Margie

Cat Nap Inn Primitives said...

Hey Amy, I love that corner piece and love love love how you have it decorated..love the wooden pitch fork and the penny rug is awesome..;) can't wait to see the rest.;)

Kattywhompus Primitives said...

Hi Amy, your cabinet re-do is perfect...as are the goodies inside! Thanks for sharing it with us.
Rhonda

Farmhouse prims said...

I love your cabinet redo, you have such a wonderful touch for decorating. I love to look at all your goodies!!! You are such an inspiration.

Lorna/Live Oak Primitive Peddler said...

Hi Amy, love the new look on the cabinet. You have some wonderful prims and they look great in the cabinet. I love that black doll and the chair, I am nuts about both dolls and chairs.8-)
Hugs,
Lorna

Primsue said...

Beautiful cupboard re-do! Awesome displays too.
Blessings,
Sue

Robin at The Primitive Hutch said...

Great cupboard re-do! Love all your goodies you have tucked inside. Thanks for sharing!
Still waiting for the flea markets to start around here.
Prim Blessings!
Robin

Green Creek Primitives said...

I am glad you got your paint color fixed. Your cabinet redo turned out great. I love the dolls. I know I have decided to thin out a few of my things, you do get attached to things. Well you have to make room for more. Always on the hunt. Thanks for sharing your cabinet redo. Vicky

1890* said...

Beautiful Re-do ! , I was wondering what you did with this cupboard. It is beautiful Amy!
Thanks for sharing .. I appreciate all that you do, I know you are still busy with your bigger re-do
{{hugs}}

renee said...

Well, I think it turned out great! Simplifying sounds great, but isn't always easy to do! As many of us know! LOL! I always enjoy seeing your home, it's so wonderful!
Blessings,
Renee