http://1890gablehousemusings.blogspot.com/2012/09/tuesday-display-chain.html This week's theme A new appreciation..Well I can't say my "New Appreciation" is a prim one.With my life being so hectic lately I have to say I have a new appreciation for time.Yep seconds,minutes,hours any time I can get to enjoy life..Just little things like the prettiest sunflowers ever and remembering the seeds were from Robin the primitive hutch...
Tuesday, September 18, 2012
Sunday, September 16, 2012
Theresa does just wonderful work and is always fun.She always spoils me (of course I try to spoil her too)..She sent the Bewitching Belle Kitty above and Oh my goodness look at the pumpkin pinkeep.I just couldn't believe this piece soo wonderful.It is stitched with 3 little pumpkins sitting on a fence,the pumpkin is wool with a real stem(swoon)..Below close up of the pinkeep,a Misi candle and a jack ditty...
Saturday, September 8, 2012
- You can send between 1 - 4 ornies how ever many you send is how many you get back
- Open to USA and Canada swappers
- You must mail your package to me no later than October 29th so I can mail by the second week of November
- You must include $5 in your package for return shipping.Cash makes no enemies otherwise a money order.
- If you are planning on joining in leave a comment on this post
- Email me for my address to mail your ornies to. email@example.com
- Ornies must be handmade but you do not have to make them you can purchase them or make them.
- You must include a return address label (or just written on paper) in your package so I can mail your swap ornies to you
- Ornies should be packaged in a clear cello type bag and either tagged or labeled with your blog so we know who they are from.
- A thank you post if you have a blog and of course we all enjoy seeing what everyone gets
- If you are late mailing your package I can not hold the other swaps for a late sender so yours would be returned to you.
Wednesday, September 5, 2012
My Colonial Home is hosting a challenge to tell the story of how your blog got it's name and why you started blogging.Anyone with a blog can join in the fun..I started my blog October 2010.I was visiting everyone (the lurker..smile..) way before then but decided I really wanted to be more of a part of the community and friendship.I loved how everyone shared ideas,invited you into their beautiful homes and as I found out later how much they care....So where did the name come from? Well back 18 years ago the country prim shops were more handmade and local folk artist, not mass produced like today.Pieces were original and very often one of a kind.I had always since childhood thought I would be a artist when I grew up.Life takes other turns but I still always had the creative person inside..I rented a old house then with a huge yard I started growing flowers and herbs to dry and took up candle making...