.

.
Simple Ramblings From A Prim Cottage


Sunday, April 17, 2011

Old Dolls and Chit Chat

Good sunday morning! Well I fell like a zombie..You know going through the motions but in a daze.I've been pulling myself in too many directions.It's my nature I like to push to get things done but never realize when it's done there is always something else waiting...smile...So I'm saying starting tomorrow I'm taking a few me days to work on swaps,have some leisure time and do some things I enjoy...Been cold,wet and windy here.Today I have to get my taxes done and will be going to grandma's farmhouse which will be so nice to have someone cook for me and relax with family...I did get a few sales in this week.The best was a old barn sale down a long country road that we stumbled on by accident,got some nice old prims but haven't got pics yet.I also bought these early dolls they are victorian era late 1800's or early 1900's.They have bisque heads and sawdust,rag and staw stuffed.They have their original clothes.One has composition hands the other bisque.I don't normally collect dolls but these are neat so going to hold on to them for awhile.Been working on this shelf two weeks..LoL.. want it to be perfect with only things I love...

Look at the detailing on the old dresses...
even original old stockings....
Still working on the remodel.It's coming along and I'm getting rid of stuff slowly,trying hard to keep only what I love but seem to keep bringing stuff home..smile...I'm working on swap stuff.Been sewing (yes I stitch occasionally but don't enjoy it normally only for me or swaps),been pouring lots of beeswax,painting and shopping...Got my seeds started inside we don't plant till the end of may here.We got the garden tilled over and the spring onions and lettuce started.I plan to plant extra at grandma's this year so I can do a ton of canning.I tried canning last year time consuming but so worth it.My mom and step dad bought me a "real" canning pot and the ball mason recipe book and jar lifters for christmas because last year I kept calling to borrow her stuff and had a ton of questions.So this year I'm ready and excited.Before I froze everything but love seeing all the pretty jars in the cupboard...Hope you have a relaxing sunday.Warm Blessings!~Amy

8 comments:

Robin at The Primitive Hutch said...

What beautiful dolls you found. It's great that they have their original clothes.
Sun is shining here today but very windy.
Enjoy your ME days!
Prim Blessings
Robin

TheCrankyCrow said...

You gotta slow down, Girlfriend...Yikes - you make me tired just reading of your antics! LOVE your dolls - I know what you mean - I tried "not" collecting dolls, but there are always one or two that just call to you. In fact, I have one very similar to one of the ones you just found - not as nicely clothed tho. And that potrait at the beginning of your blog is absolutely charming. If there's a story behind that, I hope you will share with us sometime! Have a great Sunday - hope you get the nasty tax work out of the way before going to Grandma's so you can truly soak in the family comforts and relax. Take good care. Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin

~Madalynne~ said...

Hi Amy. Once again, I'm feelin' like we're kindred spirits. I've been doing the same thing . . . to many irons in the fire. I'm glad you're gonna' find some me time.

Love your new dollies. I can see why you couldn't resist them!

Farmhouse prims said...

I love your dolls, what a wonderful find, they are beautiful!!! I hope you can have a realaxing couple of days!! Do something for yourself. Hugs, Lecia

Angela said...

Sounds like taking time for yourself will be a good thing. It's so easy for us to get stressed out. I think its a woman thing. Enjoy your time with family and a meal. Love the dolls. Bet they are sooo old. I would keep them too. You have a good evening and enjoy your week.

Linda ★ Parker's General said...

Oh, Dear one......we all come to the end of our able to before we finish our desire to. You have earned your break. Sleep in. Enjoy the quiet. I love that you are able to go back to your roots where a person really feels at home. Let Grandma take care of you for just a little bit.....It will feel so good!
★Linda★

Lorna/Live Oak Primitive Peddler said...

Hi Amy, I suffer from the same thing and find it so hard to slow down. As Linda said, "my able to can't keep up with my desire to". But I try!!
Awesome dolls!! Like those crocks too.
Have a great day!!
Hugs,
Lorna

The Moonlit Stitch said...

The little dolls are so sweet! Let us know how your canning turns out in the fall-I've always wanted to give it a try! ~*~Lisa