.

.
Simple Ramblings From A Prim Cottage


Wednesday, April 20, 2011

A little outing

Well today was my final me~cation day.It was nice not having to worry about the rush of daily life for 3 days.Hubby wanted to go check on a recent job he finished as we had a ton of heavy rain the last few days.Our plans were then to scope out a yardsale that was to be held tomorrow then head over the antique mall.We never made it to the antique mall.We wanted to be first at the sale in the morning so went to find it.The people were setting up so we asked them about the wood bath tub and antique plantation desk from down south..They invited us to come and look...My heart skipped love being first and to look at leisure and not have to grab things is a dream come true! They had everything I wanted Pantry Boxes,Old wood measures,Antique hand sewn quilts,old christmas annd easter,yelloware,graniteware but...They went to the antique malls and checked their prices so things were high even for me as a collector and resale was out of the question..So I bought a few things I could afford The vintage bunny aboce made of tin...Hubby bought another plow....The red in the background is the plow he pulled out to put his new plow in it will go to fleamarket....

I bought this redware jug lamp I need a better shade for it.The neat thing is I had a best friend who's mom owned a shop The Rusty Nail it closed a few years ago.My friend died of cancer(she was in her early 30's) Well this lamp is from that shop so I'm happy to have the reminder..

Below two old composition animals I'm collecting for my Noah's Ark...

I bought a few other things too.They then left us tour their house..It was how I want to get my house Simple with only the best pieces so it showcases the best.They had old cupboards.The best graniteware the sweetest little one cup coffeepots(drooled a little),Wood Dough bowls,yellow ware,Pie cupboards but only nice pristine antiques.Wish I had my camera along..It was so beautiful..For some reason alot of people give me and hubby tours I don't ask they offer.I think it's because we are friendly and show a respect for the things of a gone by era...Below is my Tulips today.We finally had a spring day here but it's getting cold again for the weekend...

Hope you all are having a wonderful day.Warm Blessings!~Amy

12 comments:

Deppen homestead 1862 said...

Sounds like prim heaven~ drooling over everything you saw!!
Love the plow & of course the pretty tulips!
smiles
Teresa

acorn hollow said...

What luck that you got first crack at the good stuff. Love your lamp and of course the tulips
Cathy

Angela said...

Sounds like you got really lucky. And all the primitives they had. It's neat they took you on a tour. Such sweet people. WOW, wish you had your camera with you. Love the plow, and the flowers are so pretty. Have a great evenig

Penny said...

Love all your finds, but especially the lamp! The plow is great, too!
How nice that the homeowners let you look around their home.
Happy Easter!!

~Madalynne~ said...

Sounds like a great day! I love that tin bunny you found . . . so cute and just in time for Easter!

Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

Wow, sounds like such a wonderful sale! Looks like you found some great goodies, too!

TheCrankyCrow said...

You are a kindred soul, Girlfriend. I know so well that feeling of seeing a perfectly prim, "minimalist/simple" home or setting and saying "THAT's what I want!" But, alas, my love for EVERYTHING else prim, vintage, cool, or quirky takes over and, using the excuse, "If only my house were bigger!" I end up on the very opposite of the "minimalist" spectrum... :o)) Love your finds - especially the bunny (of course!) Tulips are lovely - I can only hope! Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin

Linda ★ Parker's General said...

I purge. I buy. I purge. I buy. It is a vicious cycle. The harder I try, the worse it gets. I'm thinking now if I could just get one room minimal--just one room...... I'm like your other readers--I love my stuff. I wish I didn't sometimes, but I do. Drat! Let us know if you discover a system.....
*Linda*

Lorna/Live Oak Primitive Peddler said...

Hi Amy, love the old plows and the tin bunny is adorable. How nice of them to let you tour their home too.
I missed the display chain but I loved your wall of granite ware. I have a few pieces of the old blue gray and I just love it. Hardly ever see it around here.
Glad you got some "me" time.8-)
Have a great day!!
Hugs,
Lorna

Traci~Moon Gypsy said...

Good Morning Amy... I wish I could have tagged along with you... sounds like a dream tour! Blessings, Traci

bettyj said...

That redware lamp is making me drool! Beautiful.
betty

Hillcresthome Prims said...

Amy, GREAT post, you and Hubby did well. I LOVE the redware lamp. While I was reading your post I was drooling. I LOVE the bunny and the tulips at the end of this wonderful post are breath taking!

Have a beautiful Easter my friend!!!!
Hugs,
Tricia