.

.
Simple Ramblings From A Prim Cottage


Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Swap with Robin and I'm not nuts

Ok so as most of you know by now there was earthquake in Virginia.Well I'm sitting at my computer and hubby is talking on the phone in the doorway.My chair starts wobbling and it gets worse I yell at hubby.Hey what's going on ? Then the dog realizes it and the floor is shaking we go out front to see if something happened.Well the lantern,butcher cleavers,graniteware everything in the kitchen is shaking.So it stops.We are trying to figure out what's going on.So he calls his friend and ask did your house shake.He says no.So he ask the mail lady did she feel the ground shake.She says no.They were outside.So now I'm thinking ok we are nuts or haunted.Leaning more towards nuts..smile..So finally we turn on the news and realize what it is...relief relizing I'm not off to a padded room.LoL..We are in PA and felt it, our things were still swinging 10 minutes after it stopped only lasted about 20 seconds.......
Recently I did a couple of swaps so I'm going to post them over the next few days...Robin http://primitivehutch.blogspot.com is such a sweet friend.She always has the nicest things to say and we both love the same things...Look at how nicely it's wrapped.....
She remembered from a few months ago I commented about this sign she made and she made it for me..see sweet and thoughtful...She sent my favorite dove caramel promises.Yummm...

She also sent the other goodies pictured above and these....


She made these too.Love the pumpkin and crow...Well actually I love it all! Everything was wonderful Robin thank you! ..........I sold tons of stuff at the good old days.I didn't find much this year though.It was mostly kids stuff and the few people that had things were way out of range on there prices.The few things I did find I think I'll take to market.Hope you all are having a great week!~Amy

17 comments:

Sheila said...

No Amy you are not NUTS! Jean at Prim Crafts posted about it at her place too. I'm in Idaho and I don't usually have the TV on during the day but I have been listening/watching the news and weather channel and I heard it on there! Glad you all are ok.
Been watching for updates about the hurricane and keeping everyone in my thoughts and prayers.

Beautiful swap goodies!
Blessings,
Sheila

Cheryl said...

Oh Amy I felt it here also in Maryland at first I thought someone was trying to break in my house the doors were shaking inside the house. That was an experience for the books. Love all your swap goodies! Now we just have to keep an eye out on this hurricane.
Peace and Blessings
Cheryl...Snatch JOY~!

michelle said...

Wow sweetie!We didnt feel anything here but I was jumping around and scrubbing so who knows ,lol.At least you know your not nuts:)LOve your new swap goodies!Have a great day!big hugs michelle

prims by olde lady morgan said...

Amy,

You are not nuts!!! it's all over the news here that you guys had a earthquake! WOW!!! It's the craziest feeling! We had one outside of Chicago couples years ago..woke me out a sound sleep! Love your goodies from robin!!! OLM

Anonymous said...

Hey Amy,
I was on the computer when the earthquake hit. My chair started moving and things started shaking.
I thought maybe a jet was going over or my air conditioning unit was rumbling. My hubs didn't feel it, he was outside. They say it was a 5.9 quake that originated in Virginia.
Love your swap goodies, I just made the same pumpkin that you received.
Love the pattern. Glad we don't need that padded room. If so, they better let me bring my sewing machine.
Tamera
Country at heart

~Madalynne~ said...

Those are some awesome goodies ya' got there Amy!

My daughter thought me and hubby were nuts when we felt it and said it must have been an earthquake. She was only in the next room and didn't feel it ~ wierd.

Theresa said...

Great goodies from Robin!!! Yeah...the earthquake was scary...I thought someone hit the house with their car.

Anonymous said...

Great goodies Amy! Robin spoiled you like mad! I'm in upstate NY near Buffalo and did not feel it while teaching today but apparently some students that were also in the bldg did...so strange!
patti

CRAFTY STITCHERS said...

Glad you are all ok, that must have been scary, I mean, we don't have earthquakes on the east coast. Great swap items.

acorn hollow said...

my daughter lives an hour from us on the other side of the mountains while we did not feel it she did. the evacuated her husbands work and we are in New Hampshire.
love your goodies
Cathy

TheCrankyCrow said...

Glad you're ok....We don't usually ever have quakes here - but did about 15-20 years ago....Scared the heck out of me - what a strange, strange, sensation!! Love your mess of goodies from Robin!! Love, love, love that pumpkin and crow - and that witch!! Too sweet!!! Wish I made more hand-did's so I could swap!!! Have a great (quake-free) tomorrow! Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin

Stacy Kay Brais said...

So happy your all ok, that must have been scary. I have only been in one earthquake and it wasn't very big, and the only reason I felt it was because it was back in the days of waterbeds LOL and the bed moved slightly. I couldnt figure out if it was and earthquake or if I moved until I saw it on the news hehe
Love all your new treasures!!
Hugs~Stacy

renee said...

I am glad you are alright, and I guess I didn't hear about it until later on. I was at work.
You had a great swap with Robin, she is very talented for sure.
I am looking forward to getting through this weekend. Take a breather soon.
Hugs,
Renee

Marilyn said...

I am so glad you all are alright!! My daughter moved from D.C. to Atlanta last September--she lived near the cathderal that was damaged. My other daughter lives minutes outside D.C. but was training in O.K. But I thought of everyone who was there and wishing you well!!

Robin at The Primitive Hutch said...

Hi Amy, Glad to know everyone is O.K.
Earthquakes are just scary.
So glad you liked all your goodies!
Enjoy ~ I'm glad we were partners!
Prim Blessings
Robin

Lil Raggedy Angie said...

Amy,
great goodies , love em all but that mammy make do is so stinkin cute ! Glad you survived the quake , good luck for the weekend Im sure you will do just fine!hugs lilraggedyangie

Carmen and the Primcats said...

Great stuff! My fav is the pumpkin and crow though!

Carmen and the Primcats