.

.
Simple Ramblings From A Prim Cottage


Friday, August 12, 2011

Busy as a Bumble Bee


Hi Ladies! Just wanted to stop in and let everyone that signed up for the doll swap know I'll have your partner to you by monday.I have a good excuse..smile..Hubby and I went yard saling today well we were driving by this one and he said."Wow did you see that?" so we made a u turn and went back.Oh my goodness prims galore of course I was a little broke just paid mortgage and missed market for 2 weeks but I managed to get a few things with my hideaway money.Let me tell you the yard was filled crocks,firkins,tin punched lights,High back chairs not sure what their called but the upholstered colonial ones we prim lovers want($100),Old quilts,cuboards,signs and on and on.Let me tell you I was totally in a daze I would have bought everything if I could afford it.The girl having it said I'm selling off all my prims to go to breezy beach style and boy did she have the good stuff.Anyhow my main thing I bought a Pie Safe Cupboard from her wich of course I had no room for but couldn't pass up.So I spent the day rearranging the whole kitchen and living room.Which lead to me wanting to get rid of some stuff as I rearranged.So now my sunporch is filled so I decided tomorrow I'm going to the bad fleamarket (haven't set up in over a year there) The people there are rude and cheap by this I mean they will literally ask you to take a quarter if you have a dollar on something,but I'm going to give it a try since sunday is going to rain and I can't set up at my regular market.I have good stuff I'm taking at resonable prices so hoping I get a few good people through.I already told hubby if they are rude I'm leaving early and he can set my stuff out for the good old days next week.I will show you my tweeking pics in a few days..So haven't had much computer time..Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!~Amy

12 comments:

LibbiesHome said...

Oh I wish I lived near you and the that flea market - I think I would be a good customer. :) Would have loved to see that yard sale too!
Have a great weekend!

Lynn said...

Oh my, I would have love to have gotten to shop at the yardsale. I hope the people are not rude tomorrow.
Hugs,
Lynn

Cat Nap Inn Primitives said...

oh my..I can't find firkins here..:( can't wait to see all you have done in the "tweaking" dept..have fun at the market..and lets hope there are some nice "non cheap" folks there.)

Lil Raggedy Angie said...

I cant wait for the swap ! I love my dolls ya know ! :0) I cant wait to see your goodies and the rearranging! Hope the folks at the flea market are kind and hungry for prims! I wish I could find a sale like that here ! but it always works that way , good loot no cash ! lol Have a great weekend ! hugs lil raggedy angie

Linda ★ Parker's General said...

I would love to find a sale like that! Anxious to see you re-arranging and tweaking. I'm ready for a good sale, too! the weather is getting better for going out. have a great sale. Who knows? maybe the cheap asses will stay home!!!
★Linda★

TheCrankyCrow said...

I have never been so fortunate to come upon a sale like that...you lucky, lucky, thing!! Can't wait to see your treasures and rearrangements! Good luck at the market tomorrow! Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin

Angela said...

Wow, would love to have found a sale like that. Just don't find prims in my parts. Can't wait to see your purchase. Folks at Flea Mkts. Can be rude sometime. Hoping you have some nice customers tomorrow. Sure wish I could come and visit. Then I'd have to rearrange my house.(ha). Take care and have a great weekend.
Angela

~Madalynne~ said...

You sure have some great luck on your sailing trips!

Hope the folks at the flea market behave themselves :)

Got the pineapples today ~ love them! Thanks! I'll post a pic soon.

renee said...

Well I hope you have a good day today! The moon is full though, and I do know it affects people.
Oh my~ I am excited to see your finds! I hope you have a fun weekend!
Hugs,
Renee

Rugs and Pugs said...

Amy ~
I have the worse luck at yard sales. I almost never find a thing! I hope you did well at the flea market.
Hugs :)
Lauren

*Kountry*Porch*Primitives* said...

Wish I could stumble upon a yard sale like that!! I get so mad with blogger...it doesn't give me all the posts from the blogs I follow and yours is one. Wish I would have seen your doll swap and I would have jumped in!! Really enjoyed the fall swap you held. Sent my package weeks early as I had other deadlines and had the date for yours a month early!! :o) Have fun with the swap!! ~Kriss~

Robin at The Primitive Hutch said...

Why does it always seem like everyone else finds all the good stuff! I guess I better look harder next time!!!
Can't wait to see the pics!
Have a wonderful day!
Prim Blessings
Robin