.

.
Simple Ramblings From A Prim Cottage


Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Swap sign up reminder and Pinterest

 Hi Girls! Just a reminder if you wanted to join in the swap I need your info emailed to me by friday.I have alot of sign ups this time so I can't squeeze you in if your late.You can click on the pic on the top sidebar and it will take you to the sign up and rules.I would have emailed you if I received your info to confirm....On another note there has been alot flying around about Pinterest and I have received a few emails asking if it's ok for my blog....
I just ask that it links back.I feel comfortable with pinning at this point.I just check any images to make sure they click back to the original person,or site.The thing is that I want to actually make the recipe,try the tutorial, buy the item as long as you are not taking credit or profiting from others I truely believe it's no different than a bookmark,which anyone could store on the computer anyway.There are shifty people in everything so no different on Pinterest.It is a little shaky I might change my mind in the future but my best advice is do make sure all your pins link back to the source give credit were due.I found several things a few days ago that I wanted to repin but after checking for links they were not there so did not repin...On another note I have been soo busy but hope to get a regular post on in the next day or two.We have had warm sunny days and have been making the most of it.Warm Blessings!~Amy

9 comments:

Robin at The Primitive Hutch said...

Today was a beautiful day here in WI ~ now we have to hope it stays that way ~ my guess we'll have at least one more snowstorm.

I'm all signed up ~ excited to see who my partner will be!

Enjoy your week!!!
Prim Blessings
Robin

tj said...

...It was a beautiful day here in Missouri today. A almost balmy 85 degrees - a little weird even, but I'll take it. :o)

...A very nice note you've written regarding Pinterest. I wish everyone could read it as I always check the links before I Pin and always try to be sure that it Pins back to the original photographer, writer, etc.

...Enjoy your busy days! Like my Grandmother used to say, "idle hands are the Devil's workshop". Even still, always remember to stop & smell the roses too. ;o)

...Blessings :o)

jennifer768 said...

We had a wonderful day here in Ky,it was in the 80's, seemed more like summer than a spring day but I'll take it.Great info on Pinterest.Have a great evening,Jen

cynthia lee designs said...

I've been having fun working on your goodies for the swap we are in. I think I would like to join the swap you are hosting...so I'm going to hop over to that post when I am done here to sign up and will email you.
About Pinterest...I've been doing what you are and making sure that everything pins back to the right person, blog or source. I did find some of my craft items that had been pinned, but they were not credited back to me. I don't mind if others pin my stuff, but I did leave a comment letting them know that it was one of my creations... plus I put a link to my blog so that they knew where it came from.
hugs,
Cindy

Tolentreasures said...

I feel the same about Pinterest. I don't mind my things being pinned, but I haven't taken the time to check to see if they all link back. Good idea!

Cathy

Unknown said...

It's so nice to be getting some nice weather, even if it does mean a little rain. Enjoy it all you can!
Also very excited about my first swap!! :)

frontporchprims said...

I love your feel free to pin button!!! Did you make that yourself? I want to put it on my sidebar of my blog. It's too cute. Maybe I will get in on the next swap. Have fun with this one. I can't wait to see what everyone gets. -Steph-

Anne said...

Such a lovely blog!~ I'm a new follower ~ ♥♥
Anne

Unknown said...

Hi Amy! i\I have come to your blog by way of Country Pickins..I I LOVE the bunny at the top of your post, awesome. Do you sell one like that? I will check out your etsy shop, mine is floweringangel@etsy, and floweringangel@blogspot. Enter for my April giveaway! I'd love to sign up for your swap, so I'll email yu right away! LOL Cynthia