.

.
Simple Ramblings From A Prim Cottage


Sunday, March 6, 2011

Dough Riser and Bunny Image

Good Sunday morning! It's pouring down rain here.Hubby is making breakfast.I'm trying to decide if I want to go to grandmas this afternoon or have a lazy day around the house...Perfect day to light some candles,put soft pj's on,make some hot tea and get lost reading..but I enjoy sundays with my family too...Above is a old bunny image you can copy and use for your projects.I'm gonna try Lorna's transfer method and use him on some ditty bags hope they turn ou because I really like him...Wanted to share some pictures of the antique dough riser I bought last week at auction.It was painted badly a ugly color so had hubby refinish it for me back to original wood surface with light patina.We left the inside alone as it was original...

The stand is separate and can be left off depending on were I decide it's going...

I love how it turned out.It's pretty big and I have to rearrange to try to find a spot for it.I've been looking for one for awhile.I always get these ideas that I want things and then realize I have no room.I need a huge house for all my ideas but alas I'm stuck with the quaint but small cape cod cottage.I'm blessed with large open rooms just not enough of them to cram my junk umm I mean treasures in and have it look nice.So it's endless redocorating for me...There's a few days left to enter my spring giveaway just click on the pic at the top of the sidebar to go there.Hope you all have a wonderful relaxing sunday.Warm Blessings!~Amy

15 comments:

~Madalynne~ said...

That's a great dough riser . . . definitely worth moving some things around for! Hubby did a great job refinishing it. Love the bunny graphic.

Brenda said...

Cool find! I have never seen one of these before. Your husband did a wonderful job with the outside. :)

Beckyjean said...

Love the dough riser!! If you can't find room for it, you can send it may way! HeHe I'm sure you'll find the perfect place for it. Can't wait to see where it ends up.

Have a wonderful day~Becky

Debbie said...

Love the dough riser Amy! Sounds like you have a wonderful day planned. I am hoping to have another productive day. I am doing a couple swaps this month and I need to get busy! :)

Hope you have a wonderful day!
*hugs*
Debbie K

renee said...

I love that of course! I think it's gorgeous!
I am sure you will find a spot for it. I am being a bit lazy myself.
Thanks for sharing with us.
Blessings,
Renee

COUNTRY PICKINS said...

Hi Amy,
Wow, your dough riser is beautiful! That was a lucky find. We had the rain, now it is snowing again, UGH! Hope you have a great day.
linda

Brenda said...

Love the dough riser Amy!! You and hubby did good on it! Enjoy your day whatever you decide to do.

Brenda

Diane said...

What a wonderful find!!! Great bunny image, too! Recieved your comments, you don't have to mention the nest each time, just leave your comment on each nest post and each time it is left it gives you one more entry!! Would love it, if you would post the giveaway onj your side bar though...trying to get more traffic to my blog...and will have future give aways...a sneal peak of "one" of the items will be coming this week...thanks for the nice comments!!

Gayle said...

What a beautiful new addition to your home! Hubby did a great job on it!

Holli~Where The Rooster Crows said...

Amy I love it! I never find anything good like that when I go to auctions....at least not for a price I want to pay!

Lorna/Live Oak Primitive Peddler said...

Hi Amy, love the dough riser!! I suffer from the same thing, buy something and then have to rearrange the entire house to find a spot for it. I need one of those English castles to fill up.8-)
Thanks for the bunny pic. I am going to try it on a pillow I think.
I wish we were getting rain, it is so dry here. Hope you are having a good day!!
Blessings,
Lorna

Firecracker Kid said...

I sure had a relaxing Sunday with family. I need a bigger house too to hold all my "treasures", but am thankful for my little home. I do like you and rearrange accordingly.
Oh and you must find a spot for the dough box:)
Carol

Primitive Echoes said...

Hey that is pretty cool. I have never even seen one before. Thanks for sharing.
Kat

Robin at The Primitive Hutch said...

Love your dough riser ~ what a great find!
If you really can't find room for it ~ I have a perfect spot! Thanks for the graphic.
Prim Blessings! Robin

Deppen homestead 1862 said...

Amy
The dough riser is a terrific find~Looks prim perfect~yep~ I love it!!!
smiles
Teresa