.

.
Simple Ramblings From A Prim Cottage


Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Tis the season

Hi everyone! Well it's been a few days since I've had a chance to chit chat...Been Busy trying to finish my Christmas stuff up.I've been baking everyday a couple of goodies each day.Of course I have to try each one to make sure it's yummy.LoL..Tomorrow I'll be done with the baking.Wanted to wait till close to Christmas day.I'll be making Red Velvet Cake Cookies with Cream Cheese frosting to take to grandma's house for christmas.They are so pretty and when I was a child my great grandma Sis always made cakes to give as gifts for the holidays.Our family always got a red velvet cake.My uncle Danny always got carrot cake so he makes a carrot cake for the holidays.I normally make a black russian cake so this will be a change for me with the cookies....



Last night I started to prep some food for the weekend so I can spend time enjoying company and not worrying about having good food..Aren't these little angels dreamy,I listed some on etsy but kept a few to give as gifts to my not so prim friends and family.I love vintage nostalgia and these were so sweet.
Today will be my last day of holiday rush and it should actually go fairly easy just have to do a little cleaning,make peanut butter cookies and wrap presents.Then I'm going to relax and watch movies and look at magazines and enjoy the decorating and be thankful for all the blessings of the season...
My sister in law Jean is supposed to visit friday so hopefully she'll have good weather for her trip.Hubby's other sister and neice will probly come as well.We haven't seen them for awhile so looking forward to spending a little time with them...Each day as christmas gets closer I get a little more excited but truth be told I'm looking forward to Sunday when it's over and I can stay in my pajamas,snuggle in with the fur babies and hubby and enjoy some relaxation and concentrate a little more on the spirit and blessings of the season.The calmness after is always the best time to reflect as there are not all the other things to clutter your thoughts....

And remember to keep the love and light of the world in your thoughts.Jesus tis the reason for the season...
Hope you all are enjoying your families and you're caught up and can take some time to relax and enjoy yourself.Remember it doesn't have to be perfect.Warm Blessings!~Amy

2 comments:

renee said...

Amy,
I am working on some cleaning tonight, but I am glad you are able to enjoy the season!
Many blessings sent your way!
Renee

Unknown said...

Amy, I hope you have a Merry Christmas! By the way all them cakes sound good...yum!