.

.
Simple Ramblings From A Prim Cottage


Friday, December 14, 2012

Merriment Chain Day 18

 Just a few pics to show of decorating around the house.Hubby and I are going to Gettysburg for a little while this afternoon.Just out for a drive..Wasn't a great morning I bought hubby a coffee maker from amazon for christmas.He usually goes to Sheetz every morning and usually they get the flavors mixed up,scorch it,make it so it explodes all over you something every day and if you say something it's your fault.Well all he has been saying is he wants a coffee maker so he can make his own coffee and stay home and enjoy it.So I think perfect gift went out and bought a bag of Dunken Donuts coffee and have the coffee maker delivered.Well the packages were delivered and he goes out to get them and says umm honey maybe you better get the packages.Then so I don't feel bad he says I think maybe there is a swap box out there from one of your blog friends.Hmmmm go out and they mailed it in just the regular box that it comes in,no bubble wrap or extra packaging at all,So he knew what I got him.I told him he might as well just have it early since he knew what it is.Grrr I wanted to surprise him.Oh and they mailed the filter separate so he can't even use it till that arrives...Oh Well at least he knows he got what he wanted...
 Been so busy around here but things are starting to slow down.I'm going to sit down today and figure out some baked treats I can give as gifts..I usually do a special Black Russian Cake but the alcohol is expensive and it takes alot to make them so I'm looking for something new to try this year...This is one of my favorite's because everything in the pic is a gift from my blog friends....
Well hope everyone is enjoying the season.Joining in the Merriment chain.All are welcome to join in just click on the links on my sidebar to visit the hostesses Misi and Robyn.Warm Blessings!~Amy

13 comments:

Jessica said...

That is strange that they didn't package the item up for shipping! Hopefully nothing is broken internally. Also strange that the filter was sent separate. Hope your hubby can enjoy home made coffee soon.

I was on pins and needles when I ordered my glass teapot for the stove thru Amazon.com. They packaged it great though and used tons of those plastic air pillows. In fact, I'm not sure how they got so many in the box! The boxes they used were pretty sturdy too.

Love your decorations. My favorites are the ones friends have made and given to me as well.

Robyn ♥ said...

Bummer they ruined your Christmas gift! Strange it came like that!
Love your display!

Christine said...

Aww well at least it's still working and hubby can enjoy fresh coffee soon!
Love all the special gifts - they make Christmas!
Best wishes
Christine

cucki said...

aww i love all the lovely gifts so much..
love for you xx

Robin at The Primitive Hutch said...

Such a bummer that they did that to you. I hate it when a surprise doesn't go as planned. At least he'll enjoy it.
Wonderful goodies from such wonderful friends.
Prim Blessings
Robin

Primitive Stars said...

Oh Amy, that's to bad that you had to give him the coffee maker early, what the heck.....Love your displays......Blessings Francine.

bettyj said...

He will love the coffee so much, and look, he will enjoy it a few days early. A similar thing happened with my new Bunn last year. It gave me pleasure before Christmas and has continued to do so. You know how I feel about DD coffee!lol

Farmhouse prims said...

Hi Amy, I know your hubby will enjoy his new coffee pot and love it!
Love all of your Christmas displays, I have been going though my cookbooks trying to think of a new cake to make for Christmas. You will have to post what kind you decide to have.. Have a great weekend. hugs, Lecia

Prims By The Water said...

Oh how horrible that hubby saw his present. Love your displays and that mitten! Janice

prims by olde lady morgan said...

UGH! Really, how stupid, but I suppose they are "saving" money by not using another box... sigh... Love your display though and hope hubby likes the new coffe maker. OLM

TheCrankyCrow said...

How sweet of your hubby - sounds like he was trying to protect you from the disappointment of his surprise being spoiled. Ahhhh...it truly is, in a case such as this, the thought that counts - and I'm sure he'll enjoy the gift as well. Speaking of gifts...I need to get some grading and papers done so I can "get to" that "gifting and baking" stuff. That Black Russian cake sounds intriguing...Willing to share the recipe???? (PLEASEE???) Our favorite at Christmas is rum cake....YUMMMM! Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin

My Colonial Home said...

Morning Amy...hope you enjoyed your day in Gettysburg...wish I could say things like that - well, what I mean is I wish I lived near there or the Lancaster area so I could say I'm heading to hear or there...how fun.
Now that's awful especially at this time of year when ALMOST EVERYTHING ORDERED ON LINE IS FOR A GIFT...I am amazed! I sure hope your husband was happy with it though.

Karen

frontporchprims said...

Good Morning Amy. Sorry the surprise was ruined. At least he was trying to save your feelings:) We try and order most of the kid's Christmas online. It's so much easier that way. We are trying to figure out what to make our neighbors today too. Tomorrow we will do all the baking and on Monday for Family Night we will deliver. It's the best time with the family. I love your display. Esecially that it's all made with love from your blogging friends. -Steph-