.

.
Simple Ramblings From A Prim Cottage


Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Willow Pond Farm

Good Morning! Hope everyone is enjoying their last days of Summer.Me of course daydreaming of Fall but that's everyday it's not Fall..smile...Saturday hubby and I decided to take a trip to a Sale.It was held at Willow Pond Farm. The owners have closed the farm due to health reasons so everything was for sale..We of course took a wrong turn.So I turned on the GPS which likes to take me either in circles or goat paths. Todays her choice was goat path....

It eventually turned into a gravel dirt road. Then I see a sign that reads creek crossing proceed at your own risk.I'm thinking Ok there will be a little creek and a bridge..Nope no bridge a running stream about a foot deep. Hubby usually gets a little irritated with the GPS by now,you know threatening to toss her out the window.Me thinking yep that's a good idea in the middle of a goat path no one in sight.But today he was good with it, we had the Jeep instead of the van so he could handle it (and we all know driving a jeep through a creek is totally fun)...
We make another turn and see this beautiful 1700's house were the sale is being held.Of course I'm early 6:45am. I've been up most of the night daydreaming about what I could find.Hubby says they said no early birds 7 sharp.Nope I'm first so head on down the lane towards the barn.They are all friendly and tell me to go ahead and start looking...
They are famous for their Lavender.....
So when your digging through the barns,they had 2 by the way and shops all you smell is the wonderful smell of Lavender...Everything was for sale so I of course had to get to digging....
I dug for about a hour and a half.Had them add us up.Hubby of course always buys the biggest heaviest things so he had pull the jeep down to load. (he bought a antique 1800's corn sheller and hand plow) I told him I'm off to look some more. So spent another hour digging. I did forget to go in the house though,I thought hubby went but he didn't. There was so much as the field was loaded,both barns one which had a soap making and herbal shop, a stone outbuilding shop, the back porch and yard.I talked to a girl a few days later and she said that it was more French Provencal furniture inside so I really didn't miss anything...I didn't bring my camera along so the pics were from google search of the farm and roads we traveled.We found a ton of stuff.The jeep was packed floor to ceiling.I didn't get a chance to take pics as we had to get ready for market.A country shop local we deal with bought the corn sheller, Huge wood Trencher in old red paint.It was to big or I would have kept it for my farm table for bittersweet and pumpkins this fall. She also took a few other things. The rest went to Flea Market and sold.I did keep a antique wood trencher type scoop box.I'll get pics once I find a place for it.I also kept some natural beeswax I'll us in my crafting,some blue ball jars and a few other things. It's been a busy summer here.I'm so looking forward to fall and things slowing down a bit. Then I'll get stir crazy for picking though.LoL..Well I'll leave you with some Issaboo cuteness...She is 6 months old now.. She goes to market with me most weekends unless it's way to hot. She is quit the little celebrity. She has her own people and dogs who come to visit her each week.
Yes her big brother is cute too. ..smile...
Hard to take a pic she doesn't sit still long...Hope you girls have a wonderful week!~Amy

12 comments:

Christine said...

Glad to hear all is going well with you! That was quite a mini adventure to find the farm but it looks like it was well worth it!
Have a great day
Christine

Marsha @ Tattered Chick said...

what a wonderful adventure! I would have loved to have been on it with you!! What four legged cuteness!!! Sophie goes almost everywhere with us but with 100 plus temps lately she's had to stay home on long hauls :( soon, I tell her, soon the weather will be getting cooler!! xo

20 North Ora said...

Sounds like a fun day - goat path and all! LOL Precious doggies!

Judy

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

OH MY...that looks like one AWESOME sale! LOL, goat path...never heard that before...city girl here!!
I mailed my fall swap package yesterday to Linda.
Would love to see some of what you bought! It's fun to see treasures.
warmly,
deb

Barefoot Primitives said...

Sounds like an amazing trip sweetie!
Blessings
Debbie

Denise said...

hope things continue to go well for you my friend.

Linda said...

What a great post and such pretty photos. You have a lovely blog. :)

1890* said...

What fun! I love that type of picking adventure! Glad to hear of your fun sweet friend XO Misi

bettyj said...

Sounds like the sale every dealer dreams of. The puppies are soooo cute. I too am ready for fall

Primitive Stars said...

Hi Amy, what a sweet sale, worth the drive I think. Nothing cuter then puppies, make me smile.Hugs Francine.

Mrs. Laura Lane said...

What an amazing adventure!
What an adorable baby!
Thanks for visiting at Harvest Lane Cottage!

Cyn said...

I just love adventures!