.

.
Simple Ramblings From A Prim Cottage


Sunday, July 27, 2014

Hello!

 Well girls as usual summer is a whirlwind for me.Never can take those lazy days they talk about..smile..Picking, Flea Market, Garden, Nieces and life keep me hopping. My dog has also tore his ACL so I have been nursing him. The say give it time to heal about 3 months and if it doesn't get worse then we'll be ok,otherwise $2000 up for surgery. He's been pretty good but is getting stir crazy... Dad did marry that lady.I did talk to him before hand about waiting and being sure. He says with the cancer and getting older he's ready to settle down. I've had a few things with her since the marriage that caused me to be weary.Not sure if it's just not knowing her well or that it really should worry me. The thing is my dads sister(my aunt) came to me too with the same thoughts and worries. BUT he seems extremely happy at this point so that's what counts.I'm his only child and been his support all these years I just don't want him to be hurt...Well sharing a few of the things I kept from picking. Gotta say I went to the most amazing sale a few weeks back and bought the first day.The next day I thought maybe I missed something but didn't go, the third day I told hubby I had to go back he told me no way will anything be left but took me. Well there was more plus she let me search the basement and spare room which was packed to the ceiling. The lady just had amazing stuff and was selling it so the kids don't have to deal with it.She has giving me her # and wants me to come back to dig when we have more time to sort...Kept this old fence to corral some Putz The little goat in the corner joined them as well.. The shoes up top still have the original stockings rolled up inside...
 I have a thing for antique turkeys as well. Was tickled to find a full plate and platter set of this ironstone turkey pattern.
Well like the most of you I'm always daydreaming of fall but do want summer to linger awhile longer...Hope you are enjoying some sweet tea and lazy chats with the ones you love. I know even though I haven't been blogging much I have been checking in on you sweet ladies. So many of you are in my thoughts often...~Amy

13 comments:

Primitive Stars said...

Afternoon Amy, loving those sweet little shoes and I too love the old Turkey dishes, great find. Cannot believe summer is half over, but do look forward to fall. Pray your Father will remain happy, deserves to be so, Hugs Francine.

Farmhouse prims said...

Amy, I just love those little shoes. Love your turkey platter. Hope the lady is alright that your dad married and that he is happy.
I am like you and love fall, but hate to see summer end. Have a wonderful rest of the summer. hugs, Lecia

1890* said...

Love ya Amy! (Big Hugs))for the catch up. I've missed you. Good to hear your having such good pickin's and that your dad's marriage didn't rock you(much) Keep one eye open & stay strong Sweet Amy
XO Misi

Terra said...

Those shoes are priceless and it sounds like you found many goodies at the sale, and more to come if you go back. I hope your dad's marriage is a happy one for him.

Jessica said...

Hope everything works out with your dad's new wife. I know that's a rather touchy thing to deal with. And sorry to hear about your pup.

It sounds like you found a wonderful sale! I hope you will share with us again if you end up going back!

Blessings, Jessica

Danice G said...

The little shoes are so darling. I want a pair myself, lol. Sounds like you had a great fun time :)

Allison said...

Hi Amy! I love the turkey plate! I hope everything works out for the good with your dad and new wife. I'm looking forward to fall but want to do a few more fun things with my kiddos before the summer is over. Have fun when you go back to dig through the lady's treasures. :-)

Raymond Homestead said...

Sounds like you are enjoying your summer Amy! Love the turkey plate!

Wendy @ Ravenwood Whimzies said...

I've been crazy busy too Amy! No time to make a post...maybe later this week and definitely next week. That sale sounds amazing....I feel sad that I haven't been to many sales at all this summer...the time flies by...sigh. Love your turkey plate! Hugs

Angela said...

Oh I would so love to find just one sale like that here Amy. I too love the little shoes and the fence. It will be turkey time before we blink good. Summer is passing by so quickly and next week our public schools start up. Luckily Darbee Rae is going to a private school and she will have just a tad longer before she starts. Have a good week, and as long as your Dad is happy, try and be happy for him. It has to make you worry as your want the best for your Daddy.
Angela

Barefoot Primitives said...

Some neat goodies there! I haven't made it one sale this year - too busy - I need to take the time! LOL. Will keep your dad in prayer that everything works out for good sweetie. Blessings
Debbie

The Moonlit Stitch said...

What a great find - hope you can go back and pick more! Summer isn't over yet, much more to enjoy - hope the rest of it goes well for you and sending wishes for peace for you - hard not to worry about our parents, I get it! Love your swap goodies ~*~Lisa

Margs Primitive Quilts said...

I would love to find to find a great sale like you did! Awesome finds..LoVe it all.Hope all works out for you. It can be a worry!