.

.
Simple Ramblings From A Prim Cottage


Friday, November 30, 2012

Merriment Chain Day 4


Joining in the fun with Misi and Robyn all are welcome to join in the fun..My merriment for today is Candy Cane Hot Chocolate.Nothing is better than coming in from the cold and warming your hands around a warm cup or curling up in your favorite chair and watching the lights twinkle on the tree.Here are two recipes.One to give as a gift or keep on hand and one to serve steaming fresh...
~Candy Cane Hot Chocolate Jar mix~
3 (4 1/2 inch) sticks hard peppermint candy
1 c. powdered non-dairy coffee creamer
1 c. sifted powdered sugar
1/4 c. cocoa powder
Place candy in a heavy duty zip top plastic bag. Crush with a mallet. Combine crushed candy and remaining ingredients. Store in an airtight container. To serve, combine 1/4 cup cocoa mix and 3/4 cup boiling water, stir well. Yield: 2 1/4 cups mix.


Yummy Rich and Creamy Candy Cane Cocoa
Ingredients
 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
1 1/2 cups milk
 1/4 cup sugar
1/8 teaspoon salt
6 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
3 drops peppermint oil
 Sweetened whipped cream, for garnish Chocolate shavings, for garnish
Directions In a saucepan, combine the cream, milk, sugar, and salt and heat over medium-low heat. When the cream mixture just begins to steam, add the chopped chocolate, and stir, until melted. Stir in the peppermint oil. Divide the hot chocolate among mugs and top with whipped cream and chocolate shavings.Serves 4


Thank You to all the sweet girls who sent me Birthday wishes.Hubby took me to Red Lobster but I must say the food was really bad and then I was not feeling well all night.A little mad they ruined my birthday.Hubby also made me cake which was yummy.Warm Blessings!~Amy

17 comments:

frontporchprims said...

Yes, hot chocolate is very merry. Yummy too. I think there might not be much better than homemade hot chocolate. Thanks for the recipes. I will be trying them. Sorry your birthday dinner wasn't great. Also, sorry I dind't know it was your birthday:( Happy Belated though. -Steph-

Robyn ♥ said...

Bummer on the birthday dinner, guess you need a do-over!!
LOVE hot chocolate, and with peppermint even better!

Theresa said...

A agree birthday do-over is in order. It's sweet that your hubby made you a cake though....he tried hard to make your day special and that is pretty darn cool in my book. :0)

Christine said...

Absolutely yummy for these cold winter days!

Lynn B said...

Hi, just joined your blog, my grandson loves peppermint and hot choc. I can't wait to fix this for him. Thanks for sharing! Love your blog, Hugs, Lynn

bettyj said...

sounds delish! I think I will go have a cup, add just a bit of peppermint and read a bit.

1890* said...

Peppermint Stick Hot Chocolate - I bet its as Yummy as your picture is pretty!

Wishing you a whole weeks worth of Birthday Fun Sweet Amy!!!..spread it through.. & for a toast to you -Maybe add a little somethin somethin extra to your yummy hot chocolate recipe..peppermint schnapps? ! You deserve it!
My last night out (ages ago) we had a bad experience from Red Lobster too!..whats going on with them?
*Cozy & Merry Wishes to you {{HUGS}}

Trace4J said...

Oh Friend
that sounds sooo yummy.
Thanks for sharing
Happy Belated Birthday!
Sorry about your dinner. The last time my hubby and I were there it was not to good either.
And I love the LOBSTER!
What a sweet hubby.
Woolie Hugs
Trace


www.grannytracescrapsandsquares.com

cucki said...

looking so yummyyyyyyyyyyyy

Primitive Stars said...

Happy Belated Birthday Amy, sorry to here you were feeling yucky after.....not good for a Birthday gal, how cute is your Hubby baking you a cake, ahhhhhh!!!!! Both hot chocolates sound so yummy, shall try both...... Love it on a cold winter night by the fire.......Bear Hugs Francine.

TheCrankyCrow said...

Oh....YUMMMM!! I haven't had homemade hot chocolate in YEARS....I think you may have tempted me. ;o) Boo - I didn't know it was your birthday.... Happy Belated Birthday!!! Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin

prims by olde lady morgan said...

This sounds so yummy! a little hit of Baleys and I willbe all toasty! When it gets cold anyway... 60 here tomorrow...what up with that? ick!
happy belated birthday! So sorry on the crappy dinner, a do over is in order... OLM

Unknown said...

oooh, that looks so good right now! Thanks for the recipes!
~Lori

Beckyjean said...

Peppermint Hot Chocolate...YUMMO!! Happy Belated Birthday...Sorry it wasn't the greatest for you. Definately a do over!!

Enjoy your weekend~Becky

Cindi said...

Oh Amy bless your heart, I am so sorry your birthday night out was ruined. ((HUGS)) Happy Birthday sweetie!! The Peppermint hot chocolate sounds great. It would taste really good right now with this nasty cold and throat.
Have a great weekend,
Be blessed,
Cindi

cynthia lee designs said...

Happy Birthday!!(a little late)
I had some hot chocolate with a peppermint candycane in it tonight...so yummy!! Sorry that you ended up not feeling well after your birthday dinner. Yep...you need a do over!!
hugs,
Cindy

Marsha @ Tattered Chick said...

Yummmmmm, I add some Peppermint Schnapps!!!

Oh, my, I missed your birthday??!?! I am so sorry. Yesterday was not a good day and I didn't read any blogs last couple of days.

I hope you had a wonderful day and are now feeling better . . . .

xo
Marsha