.

.
Simple Ramblings From A Prim Cottage


Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Quick Hello

Hope everyone had a great long weekend.Ours was nice we decided not do Flea market so that was a huge break.It's alot of work especially packing up in the sun..Hubby got his first veggies from our garden out at gradma's old farmhouse.I got the rest of our plants to do my kitchen garden at home,planted some flowers and my bike basket.Will get some pics once everything takes.Realized sunday I'm getting old because grandma ask me what a PPD was? Can you guess? Well I said not sure.So she told me it's a purple panty dropper.The boys told her when they sent a text.Really I'm just out of the loop because I don't have a cell phone and don't text.Well actually I do have a cell but I don't keep minutes on it and don't use it.Hubby makes me take his when I go out sometimes in case of emergency.I just think if I'm out or visiting I don't need interrupted.Call me when I'm home and not out..So last week I found a few treasures..
This is huge in person.It's dated 1907..It's lithographed metal.A store mercantile display.You spin the arrow to the needle type you need,slid open the window and inside is a wheel that holds wood vials with needles.Alot of the wood vials full are still inside.If I can find a space I'm going to keep....
This is a Round container with removable wood lid.It held 10 lbs of Powdered Cigar Gum.What's neat is it has all the original labels.It shipped from NY via the Railway Express to my hometown.Probably gonna keep..I've felt a little overwhelmed by stuff lately.When your in the business sometimes it's hard to let certain things go.Me I start piles on the sun porch,on the kitchen table and in the spare bedroom so it's time to go through my piles and let some go..smile..I've been a bit frustrated and worried lately because I heard word that those horrible people are moving in next door June 15th..Hubby says don't let it get to you there's nothing you can do about it but in the next breath tells me we are going to buy surveillance camera's because he's nervous about leaving especially on the weekends.(yep that makes me not worry) He also says they probably won't stay long.The one saw hubby at the store getting his coffee and told him we are going to be your new neighbors, "We can have cook outs and come over and swim in your pool".Hubby didn't know what to say, so said he had to get to work.Should be a interesting summer because we like to be outside enjoying ourselves.Ugggh!!!! Well girls I gotta finish up the garden and try to talk hubby into putting my sunflower gardens in.Warm Blessings!~Amy

18 comments:

Raymond Homestead said...

Amy, I sure hope things go well with your new neighbors, who knows, maybe it will not be that bad & they'll just leave you be!

prims by olde lady morgan said...

Amy, Nothign worse then new neighbors inviting themselves over for your food and pool.... Enjoy and just ingore them, if they ask, maybe another time...
I'm with you feeling a bit overwhelmed...love all my goodies... there is a few things I am working on thinning out... probably off to my little space....
Almost done with your goodies... so more coming your way, I so hope you like what I have been creating for you!!! OLM

Primitive Stars said...

Hello Amy, great goodies you found, love them both, keepers for sure. Feel so bad for you and Hubby with those new neighbors moving in,I`m hopeing they will leave you alone and you can still enjoy being outside. Blessings Francine.

Prims By The Water said...

OMG I feel bad for you with these new neighbors Amy. Especially after hearing they want to swim in your pool..some nerve. Reminds me of the next door neighbors I had when we moved here to the river. He was changing the oil in his boat in our driveway as we were pulling up in the Uhaul. Then he got mad when I asked him to move his camper trailer out of my back yard...it seems the previous owner who was an elderly lady let him do whatever he wanted in her yard...after months of fighting with him, he moved and rented the house to someone else...then it went into foreclosure. I hope things go better for you. Take care, Janice..ps love new finds and your blue cupboard!

Rugs and Pugs said...

Amy ~
Love the needle case. I hope you find the perfect spot for it. Try really, really hard...lol!
Hugs :)
Lauren

Cindi said...

Oh Amy I am so sorry about your new neighbors. I will be praying that they are better than expected or stay shorter than expected. LOL
Love your finds, thanks for sharing.
Be blessed,
Cindi

Unknown said...

Sounds like you also had a great weekend! I have to say, I have NO idea what a purple panty dropper is lol. I have a cell phone but I don't usually talk much on it. I mostly use it for texting. If it wasn't for emergency reasons, I'd like to get rid of it. I will keep my fingers crossed that your soon to be new neighbors don't bother you too much. Have a great rest of the week!

Cherry's Prairie Primitives said...

Love how the new neighbors invited themselves over for a swim. Hope they won't be a bother.

Robin at The Primitive Hutch said...

Hi Amy!
Love the needle case ~ such a wonderful find!
Sorry to hear your bumming about the new neighbors moving in and invading your space. Hope their not as bad as it seems.
Prim Blessings
Robin

Pamela@ The Sampler Makers Farmhouse said...

cool needle thingamabob! An interesting piece!

Primsue said...

Amy, you found some wonderful treasures - love them! Sure hope things go well with your new neighbors.
Blessings,
Sue

My Colonial Home said...

Morning Amy...goodness you found a treasure in that needle display...oh to have that!!!!

Don't think I'd be too happy with neighbors like that either - especially if they start 'inviting' themselves over...YIKES...FENCE TIME!!!
Blessings,
Karen

Theresa said...

Amy it's to bad the new neighbors are going to make your summer difficult. A privacy fence is always a good thing. Plus you can install the new rule of only family in the pool...sorry. 😉 We have neighbors that like to use or yard as their private sidewalk...we've asked them nicely to not walk across our yard but the Father just isn't getting it....time for a fence. Let's face it I don't know them and they never asked if we minded... plus I have a two year old.... need I say more. People are disrespectful these days.... It's just sad.

Theresa said...

I forgot to tell you that I LOVE the needle case!!!!

Trace4J said...

I LOVE THAT NEEDLE CASE!
A keeper for sure. Hope things get better soon with the neighbors.Ugh!
Hugs to you Friend
Trace

www.grannytracescrapsandsquares.com

jody said...

its great to have some down time! i love your newest treasures, i know i have the worst time buying for our shop..1 for the shop, 3 for me ect... its nice to have an outlet tho isnt it! enjoy your evening!

frontporchprims said...

Come on:) Who wouldn't want such friendly neighbors to invite themselves over for a swim and a party before they even know you? I mean, it gives them such a great opportunity to scope you out!! Ha Ha. Good luck my friend. Maybe it won't be as bad as it seems. You new treasures are really neat. I haven't ever seen anything like them. I would hang on to that needles box too. Have a lovely weekend. -Steph-

TheCrankyCrow said...

That needlebox is AMAZING!! If you can't find room for it, gee, just maybe I can. ;o) What's that saying? If you love it enough, you'll MAKE room for it?! ;o) Big bummer about the neighbors....we live in nowhere land, but because we have a pool, it's amazing when the days get hot who all show up for an impromptu visit. (And don't even bring their own towels!!) :o Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin